When I'm Not Hunting, or Riding, I'd Rather be Fishing

Hnthrdr

WKR
Awesome! I am horrible at walleye fishing but I like to try, then again Co isn’t a great walleye fishery. But now that this trout guy found bass and walleyes I’m having fun again

OP
trophyhill
Awesome! I am horrible at walleye fishing but I like to try, then again Co isn’t a great walleye fishery. But now that this trout guy found bass and walleyes I’m having fun again
The NMG&F has done a very nice job on stocking our lakes in SE NM with 'eyes. Unfortunately the water temps and conditions are not conducive for a natural spawn. Or so i've been told. But they are still fun to catch and taste as good as any Erie 'Eye i've ever had.704080592.jpg

Dented

WKR
I've been hitting the Gulf more and more lately. Salt fishing has taken over from bass, walleye. Love to eat walleye, but I'll take pike over that every time. Locally, pan fish is my favorite. Ultralight gear or a fly rod is a blast.

Rich M

WKR
I like to hunt but given the option, will choose fishing if it came down to 1 over the other.

FL is a whole 'nother world for fishing and hunting as compared to "up north" - some is better some is not. We caught way more freshwater fish up north. No ice fishing down here either. But "make do" with the saltwater variety.

Getting sea trout right now - similar to walleye in build, meat is slightly mushier, fight is a little less - more head shakes than walleye. The fish right now avg about 18 inches, with some 20-24 inchers caught. The manatee was friendly and stayed with us for quite some time - dad got a big kick out of it. The big fish is a 30-35# black drum.

20 incher.jpgManatee.jpgBlack.jpg

Once the winds die down, will get out for mahi, kings, wahoo, snapper, and whatever else we can catch - fish mainly out of an aluminum boat w tiller so it has to be pretty calm to run 10-20 miles out.

wahoo.jpgTrolled red.jpgKings.jpg

Can you see the fin? Was neat - 8 ft hammerhead, came over to check out the electric trolling motor as we were getting bait. It swam over, looked at me with one eye as it passed under the boat and swum off with the fin like that.
Shark Fin.jpeg
Headed to WY this fall for antelope and will hopefully do some trout fishing while there. Think I'm looking forward to the nighttime sky, trout fishing, and then antelope hunting in that order. Go figure.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Trolled red.jpg
    Trolled red.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 21
  • wahoo.jpg
    wahoo.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 25

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Tuna for food along with Blue and White Marlin for fun rather than eating. Perks to living in PA is I can hunt the fall and still have quality offshore fishing in the summer.

My brother is a great walleye fisherman. He and a buddy do really well in tourneys. I just steal fillets out of the freezer when I visit as I do love to eat it. I am not a great walleye fisherman(although I do have an 8+pounder to my credit...).....lol. I'd rather be in the woods chasing critters or mountain biking.