Where to go from here?

WKR

WKR
In the process of developing a load for my 7mm rem mag
I'm using
Hammer hunter 169 grain
H1000
hornady nickel plated brass
I used the load data from barnes for the 168 gr lrx since they are similar to the 169 gr hh. I went up to max load(63.8 grains) without any pressure signs. My velocity was pretty low at 2740. I want to keep going up but I am a new reloader and want to be cautious. Should I work up from the 63.8 in .3 increments until I reach pressure signs?
Good news is my seating depth seams to be working great as I am shooting tight groups.

JFK

WKR
Call or email Hammer...they should be able to help you out. Some good info from reloaders on their forum as well. I’m in the process of loading up some for my 270, but have loaded Barnes up till this point. Barnes load data doesn’t match up to hammer and you’ll end up leaving a lot of velocity on the table if you stop at Barnes max. Guys run these things hot without excessive pressure. That said, work up slow and be safe.

Ive found that hammers build much less pressure than Barnes. I’d keep working up in .2-.3 increments and let the rifle tell you where the max is. If you want more speed than H1000 will give, RL26 would be a good option.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Ive found that hammers build much less pressure than Barnes. I’d keep working up in .2-.3 increments and let the rifle tell you where the max is. If you want more speed than H1000 will give, RL26 would be a good option.
I don't have any rl26 but I do have a few pounds of rl22. If I can get up to 2950-3000 fps with the h1000 ill be happy with that. I talked with Steve at hammer today he said I should get there no problems.