Which bino pack provides the most protection

Between the AGC and the Kuiu Pro bino packs, which one provides the most protection for the binoculars inside? It looks like the AGC packs have some structure to them, but the Kuiu Pro bino harness looks more like it’s floppy fabric with elastic.

Both provide full coverage (that seems to be one of the major improvements of the new Kuiu harness vs the old one) - I’m thinking more in terms of protection against scrapes and drops. I like that the Kuiu Pro looks like it can ride high on the chest, while all the pics I see of people with the AGC have them wearing them mid-chest or lower. But the AGC pack itself looks better to me, and I’m wondering if the wider shoulder straps are more comfortable. The Kuiu is also waterproof apparently. In the end, though, I want to keep my binoculars handy while protecting them as best as I can.

I have both and I feel both provide adequate protection. The Kuiu holds its shape just fine and I have zero worries throwing my 15x Swaros in there.

The big difference between the packs is the number of pockets you can get on an AGC and that the lids open in different directions. I'm totally fine with them opening either way and don't have a preference. I do feel the Kuiu rides a little higher on my chest which is nice.

For my 8x32 binos I'll continue to run my AGC with the max pocket and RF pocket but my 15x Swaros are happy in the Kuiu.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I don't know of a bino pack on the market that I would totally trust with my binos in in the event of a drop. None of them are that protective. I've had AGC, KUIU, FHF harnesses and the AGC you can pack more crap into, but I don't care for their harness at all. I'm running the FHF now and it rides much better than the AGC. If you want the AGC to ride higher you're gonna have to do some mods to it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
W
Thanks guys. Sorry for another bino harness thread. But yeah, I don’t expect tons of protection from any of these, but I figured might as well try for getting more rather than less.

Do you find a difference in comfort with narrower shoulder straps? The AGC straps seem much wider than most options besides badlands, which I have seen at Cabelas and wasn’t impressed with. But it seems natural enough that wider would spread the load more evenly - not that my 8x42 binos are very heavy.

The AGC harness itself is quite comfy but it does ride lower on your chest/stomach. I haven't hunted with the Kuiu yet but I've worn it around the house and it seems to do a great job distributing the load of the 15x.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Thanks guys. Sorry for another bino harness thread. But yeah, I don’t expect tons of protection from any of these, but I figured might as well try for getting more rather than less.

Do you find a difference in comfort with narrower shoulder straps? The AGC straps seem much wider than most options besides badlands, which I have seen at Cabelas and wasn’t impressed with. But it seems natural enough that wider would spread the load more evenly - not that my 8x42 binos are very heavy.
Not really. I've got the slip over cover on my FHF harness, but I also don't carry 50 things in my bino harness so weight isn't really an issue. I'm also usually wearing my pack at the same time and I like the narrower straps that ride better under my backpack straps. Everyone is different though.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I am a big guy. 6' 260lbs. I like the fhf pouch, but use the agc harness. The agc harness is taller in the back, allowing the lower straps to come around under my man boobs, instead of across them, like the fhf.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I am a big guy. 6' 260lbs. I like the fhf pouch, but use the agc harness. The agc harness is taller in the back, allowing the lower straps to come around under my man boobs, instead of across them, like the fhf.
TMI lol

AGC now has another harness that will lift the pack a lot higher.

It’s only 1” webbing but I carried some Meopta 15x56’s for awhile without noticing any discomfort.

Jakeweb09

WKR
I have the marsupial and it’s great! Quiet. Rides solid and holds its shape very well. And if you order from their website for 10 bucks extra you can get the upgraded harness with padded mesh

Carlin59

WKR
I haven’t tried the Kuiu but I feel my AGC provides good protection. I would think if nothing else, the bottom, side, and front pockets (filled with gear) all would add some additional protection to my binos in a fall/slide.

Does the new AGC harness lift it more like an FHF?

I've never worn an FHF but I can say it rides much higher than it used to. With the standard harness the weight would rest below my rib cage on my diaphragm, which bothered the heck out of me but the new 'Ultralight' one keeps the weight well above and on my sternum.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The AGC for sure. I run mine sometimes when I dump my pack a lot on a hunt with my bino and my survival gear just in case. It holds its own shape and I run the el 10x42 in it and you will brake a rib before you brake your glass.

GPATTI

WKR
I realize you didn't ask about this model in your question, so forgive me in advance :) - The Outdoor Vision (Rokslide sponsor) has very good protection. If interested send me a PM.