Which bowsight?

atothek

FNG
I'm looking at either a spot hogg hunter or iq bowsight. Anyone have experience with them? Pros and cons?
Thanks
Aaron

Spot Hogg, because they are built like a tank! Once you get it dialed in you do not have to worry about the sight at all.

Great advice, thank you and keep it coming. It seems like the iq bowsight isn't getting much love. I am new to archery and from a newbies perspective it seems to be easier to recognize if you are torquing the bow in a diff direction, with the retina lock. Is that a flawed perspective?

Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg it..here.

i love this sight. it is machined beautifully. i am running seven pins, with a large guard. this allows me to run a 1/4" peep and i get alot of light to my eyeball. this set up really works for me in low light. i have all 3 axis of adjustment. adjusting each pin independently is a tad of a pain, but the system is solid, and once set..it would take a friggen disaster to make you have to revisit them ever again..it is only a pain because (for me) it takes a tiny allen, that is all flexy..and i need to find my glasses. for young strong eyesight, this should be a non issue. for me, finding a tiny black allen head, hidden on a black surface, with a black allen tool..is fun!! good fun.

once pin spacing is good..you just use the nice cool gang adjust allens. you twist, and the entire guard moves for elevation and windage. each pin is sitting on a sight wire, so you can line them up perfectly as far as windage. and the wire lets you shoot "half distances" more accurately. you just put a pin on each side of the target and line up the wire. easy peasy!

warranty is embarrassingly good. i sent my sight in recently because my fluid in my level bubble went clear. no problem. 5 day turn around. they let me know they got the sight, and a few hours later, i got emailed that it has been shipped back. FAST!! then in my excitement to put it all back together, i stripped an allen. i called and sent it back. completely my fault..i admitted it, but they still covered it under warranty. i think i got a whole new arm assembly..i strpped the female hole section. bonus..the lady i talked to both times..had the voice of an angel.

now that i got that out of the way^^^..i am specing out for a new bow. usually i just take the spot hogg off and put it onto the new bow. this time? i think i am going with a BlackGold, 3-pin with a slider option. 20 and 30 pin at 0.19 pin, and the last pin a 0.10"..

i think this will be a sweet option for me. i can dial in exact yardage for the further distances. i have ZERO issues hitting a target 25 yards, or 35 yards away..but the further distances where pin spacing is bigger..56 yards is a challenge. it would be nice to dial in 56 and put a 0.10 on the bullseye.

hope this makes sense. it does in my mind. so i think i want the 3 pin ascent.

Sport.Hogg ..I have personally wanted to try something else just a change . Then as soon as I get close to do it I here a bad review on most of the others.. Personally IQ bow sight would be really low on the list . They have really week pjns

I switched from Black Gold to Spot Hogg and haven't looked back. I always knew that SH was better built but was reluctant to switch because I couldn't get past the angled pins. After making the switch I found out that the angled pins are a non issue. SH is a far superior sight. Ed F

Sh has fluid in the level that is of thicker viscosity. This doesn't matter to old hat william tells but it makes a tremendous difference if you are working to get form issues ironed out. They are worth extra expense.

Does spot hogg have an option like the black gold ascent where the 3rd or 5th pin is adjustable?

@rosinbag with the black gold ascent u sight ur first few pins to 20,30 etc, and use your botton pin like a single pin for yardages beyond your last fixed pin.

Several combinations of SH are sliders, single pin, 3, 5 or 7 pin sliders....set your pins and most use their furthest or bottom pin as their slider. Hogg Farher, Tommy Hogg and Boss Hogg are all sliders with pins.

Back