Which brass and reamer for 25-284?

Putting together a 25-284 in a long action. I see Peterson and Lapua both make brass in 6.5-284. I use both brands in diff cartridges. What have you guys found in this one to be better if I found both? Also has anybody setup a 134 eld m in the 25-284 and had a reamer made to make that bullet optimal in a long action? Reamers are a ways out longer than normal unfortunately.

Thanks

Used the blackjack reamer with berger 133s and hornady 134s. Both out of lapua brass. Seating depth was as close to optimized as I could ask for.

Wapiti1

WKR
You can order it from JGS or Manson. Both have a longer throat print. Or you can tell them what bullet you want and COAL.

I used a standard 25-284 reamer and custom throated to 0.145" freebore for the Berger 135gr. Faster and easier to rent the reamer and throater. I hate waiting 3 months for a reamer to show up.

Jeremy

OP
Gear-Reviewer
Yeah wait times are ridiculous right now for some reason. Might just send a dummy round for the exact specs I want if I can’t find a reamer soon. I’d think the specs should be right there with the 131 blackjack reamer and the 134 eld m and the 135 Berger.

SloppyJ

WKR
How much does this cost? I've been looking at a 6, 25, or 6.5-06. Rebarreling a beautiful model 70 long action I have and picking up a 243 Tikka for my son instead of building another custom that would most likely be a 6 creed.

Lapua, Winchester, Norma in that order.

Norma is very good but soft. If you load hot the primer pockets will open up. Same loads in Lapua brass give me 6 or 7 firings to only 3 firings in Norma. Winchester is good hard brass but you gotta weigh them and seperate in groups.

B23

WKR
Lapua, Winchester, Norma in that order.

Norma is very good but soft. If you load hot the primer pockets will open up. Same loads in Lapua brass give me 6 or 7 firings to only 3 firings in Norma. Winchester is good hard brass but you gotta weigh them and seperate in groups.
In all fairness to Norma or most other brass companies for that matter but it's not so much that their brass is soft but rather Lapua is really tough and can take a lot of abuse before, in the way of repeated hot loading, it starts giving up primer pockets. Tough brass like Lapua brass is both good and bad and because it's so durable I think some folks take that as a sign their loads aren't nearly as hot as they really are.

I mean no disrespect and I'm not trying to call you out in any way so hopefully you don't take it that way but you really should get more then 6-7 firings with Lapua brass before the primer pockets loosen up. Or, you are fully aware your load/s are hot and you're ok with it.

Gunwerks is selling 6.5-284 Lapua brass for $1.12 per piece (20% off). It comes loose without fancy Lapua box, but a hell of a deal. Fairly fast shipping as well. I just picked up 100.