Which Drop away?

I just ordered the VXR and need to know which drop away to go with? The QAD Integrate MX or a Hamskea?

xcutter

WKR
Just purchased a Hamskea Trinity. Really liking it. Super simple to setup. The new tensioner they have works really well and nice to be able to let the tension off your rest if your checking arrow level and such. It's also built really robust.

OP
briclark29
Just purchased a Hamskea Trinity. Really liking it. Super simple to setup. The new tensioner they have works really well and nice to be able to let the tension off your rest if your checking arrow level and such. It's also built really robust.
They attach to the limbs correct?

Zac

WKR
For that bow the Hamskea is a slightly better option. Binary cams can benefit from the additional support of a limb driver. I'm probably not a good enough archer to know the difference, but archers much better than me have noticed a difference past 70 yards. The Hamskea is a better value, but the integrate option does seem really cool.

The integrate doesn't allow you to move the rest any for torque tuning. I have run qad's for a number of years without problems, I have heard of problems but haven't personally seen any. I think the local shop has sold about 20 of the integrates and has yet to have an issue with them, I don't know how many qad hdx and mxt's they sell but it's a lot, still single digits in what they have seen issues with, but it can happen. On the other hand I'm not crazy about a string running down to my limb that also has a spring on it, or really an extra string on my bow. It shouldn't matter, but I'm good at breaking stuff.

Just a few things to consider. I'll probably be trying a hamskea in the next few months to see what I think. I haven't cared for how heavy they are, but maybe I'll become a convert.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I had a hamskea trinity and couldnt get the bow to torque tune due to the rest being too far away. Switched to the QAD intergrate and with moving my sight housing all the way in was able to get it to torque tune better. I dont know if my 31" draw played a factor but I bet it did. I like the hamskea better but the QAD worked much better on that particular bow.

Zac

WKR
I had a hamskea trinity and couldnt get the bow to torque tune due to the rest being too far away. Switched to the QAD intergrate and with moving my sight housing all the way in was able to get it to torque tune better. I dont know if my 31" draw played a factor but I bet it did. I like the hamskea better but the QAD worked much better on that particular bow.
Interesting, what bow are you shooting?

Another vote for hamskea here. Another benefit is it’s easy to fix and be back and ready to hunt if something were to happen to the tensioning cord in the field, no timing really necessary.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
That particular bow is a VXR 31.5. its a QAD intergrate I switched to. The intergrate is a nice rest and the micro tune is very good.

I have a AAE prophecy on my RX3 ultra and really like it.

Traverse is sitting with a QAD intergrate on it but havent messed with it too much.

Hamskea sits in my stuff waiting for a bow to put it on. I like it enough I wont sell it and especially take a loss on it. One day ill have a bow to put it on.

Reactions: Zac
OP
briclark29
Another vote for hamskea here. Another benefit is it’s easy to fix and be back and ready to hunt if something were to happen to the tensioning cord in the field, no timing really necessary.
You haven’t had any problems with it snagging on brush or tree bark?