Which Kodiak Outfitter to choose

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
I’m planning on a Kodiak brown bear hunt in fall of 2021 or Spring 2022. I’d like to get this settled and booked. After going through threads here and on other forums it is very tough to settle on an outfitter. My goal is a Kodiak Hunt so that parts easy. After that I could use some advice and referrals. Key wants
Safe, personable, track record of happy clients, honest, flexible. Everything else is behind those items. Thank you for any comments.

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Paul Chervenak as the outfitter (Kodiak Outdoor Adventures) and request Cole Kramer as your guide.

Paul has some great areas and Cole knows his stuff really well.

Cole does his own thing on Kodiak for goats and deer but runs some of Paul's bear hunts.

I've known them both a long time and vouch for them for sure.

Scottf270

WKR
I would call Scott Mileur. He is simply outstanding. He hunts Karluk Lake and Red Lake areas. As honest as they come. Trained under Pinnell and Talifson. I consider him a legend himself. Tell him Scott Frakes sent you. I took a 28 inch bear in 14, and my buddy got one in 18.
He may be booked out 3 years already.
A couple others are Karl Braendel, Tom Kirstein, and or Lance Kronberger.

cavu

FNG
I just got back from Kodiak this past Friday and had a very successful hunt. James Smith was my guide and Griffin McCullers was my assistant guide. The outfitter was Jake Fletcher, Fletchers Guide service and the area was Frazier Lake. It was truly an experience of a lifetime.

Here is the contact info for Jake. Also, if you would like to discuss off-line, just email me your contact information, I am happy to discuss further. Good luck with your research.

[email protected]

Derrick Campbell is a good friend of mine. We grew up together and plan on helping him with a bear hunt this fall on Kodiak. He has a Facebook page to check out some of his photos or if you want pm me and I can fix you up with his number. Great guy, awesome guide, and you won’t find anyone who will work harder for you.
a593b7ec6ad84545331c61b13306f5a4.jpg

410df894c20db12b9414181f8b32896b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Chervenak as the outfitter (Kodiak Outdoor Adventures) and request Cole Kramer as your guide.

Paul has some great areas and Cole knows his stuff really well.

Cole does his own thing on Kodiak for goats and deer but runs some of Paul's bear hunts.

I've known them both a long time and vouch for them for sure.
I would second this as well! I just finished an "unsuccessful" archery hunt with Cole in Paul's area and had a good safe hunt. Couldn't really ask for anything more other than getting big bears to cooperate. I actually had decent weather, the hunt before me they had brutal cold weather, but they also archery killed a 10' bear.

If you are gun hunting, I'd say you can book with any of Paul's guides as they all got it done with a rifle while I was there. I actually think they were 100% if you take the goofy archery guys out of the equation. Me and my buddy didn't connect, but both would do the hunt again with them.

That was my first hunt with Paul and Cole and for Brown's as well, but it won't be my last hunt with either. Both good people and put on a good hunt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sawbones

FNG
I have hunted with Lance Kronberger twice for big bears and twice connected - Peninsula Brownie in '14 and a giant Grizzly in '19.

And now booked a Kodiak archery Brownie - so you could say I believe in the man. He's honest and true and he and his guides will work harder than you can imagine to keep you safe and to get you an opportunity
The others mentioned above are all great outfits that I have met or heard about Hard to go wrong here.

keller

WKR
I hunted with Rick Hoskins hunt Alaska outfitters took a beautiful bear. He loves to hunt is fun to be with solid equipment and work's very hard.you have a lot of reputable outfitters mentioned best of luck om your choice