Which Protein Powder??

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
I've yet to find a whey product that I enjoy mixing with water. Always with milk for me.

I've been using the grind from axe and sledge for bcaa/eaas.

I use 1st phorm products for post workout and meal replacement. It's all expensive but I like the flavor and they make it local which is an added bonus to me

Hondo

WKR
ON Gold Standard Whey Peanut Butter Chocolate is my favorite. Mixes well in a shaker bottle or blender and tastes great.

Honestly I don't really use protein powder. It's not necessary.
There's tastier ways to hit your protein goal for the day.
But... The Fair Life protein chocolate milks are amazing!!! I'll use these some days to help get to my goal.

Jerky, yogurt, lunch meat, liquid egg whites and whatever dinner meat is works better. For me. Just not down with the supplement marketing hype.

When I do buy a powder I get the cheap stuff from Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sure there is some hype. There is in any market. But whey has overwhelmingly proven to produce superior results for those interested in gaining muscle mass.

If your goal is to maintain where you are at, it’s not necessary and to some extent a waste of money. If your goal is to gain lean muscle mass/strength/power, whey protein will facilitate that happening better than pretty much anything else.

tommynealy

Lil-Rokslider
ON Gold standard truly is the gold standard. Not the cheapest though. Flavor is good and mixes well. Just picked up a bag of Myprotien to try out though since it’s half the price.

+1 on the ON. I really like all their products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Kinda depends on your goals and body. My stomach has become way more sensitive and I like to stay on the lean side. I like isolate powder by isopure currently.

4ester

WKR
Watch the cheap stuff. I used them for quite some time and then my guts got all jacked up. For a month or more I felt nauseous and couldn’t take it.

After that I use Nutrabio Protein Isolate in Alpine Vanilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
The bowmar cinnamon bun stuff is excellent . Price is good if you get the 5lb tub . You can also get samples to try first . I would say it’s on par with progenex but half the cost if you get the large tub.

@Superdoo

Shoot me a good email and I'll get some information out to you on the differences among protein powders, etc. I'll also include some information on general protein intake. You can make the choice on what might work best for you.

Contrary to popular belief, whey isn't "necessary" to put on lean mass. It can help, but isn't necessarily more superior than an egg or other high-quality ("high biological value") protein.

bat-cave

WKR
Ascent is very high quality and tastes good as well. One of the lead engineers behind it is a buddy and a hunter as well. I've tried Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter (current favorite) and Vanilla.

Ascent is very high quality and tastes good as well. One of the lead engineers behind it is a buddy and a hunter as well. I've tried Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter (current favorite) and Vanilla.
I like ascent because it's "food" not a supplement at least from a regulatory perspective. Supplements aren't regulated to the same standard as food so you can end up with some nasty stuff in them. They also have their own dairy as I understand it.

bat-cave

WKR
I like ascent because it's "food" not a supplement at least from a regulatory perspective. Supplements aren't regulated to the same standard as food so you can end up with some nasty stuff in them. They also have their own dairy as I understand it.
Owned by Leprino foods (FWIW)

jmp408

FNG
As pointed out above, supplements are not regulated by the FDA. The best bet is to look for those that have the GMP(good manufacturing practice) stamp to ensure better quality standards.

Another company I have used was Supplement RX. They are GMP certified they also do all their manufacturing in FDA registered labs. However, they are a little pricier but they do have good products and you can be sure that their label is true.

The biggest issue for supplements is not necessarily safety but more to do with accurate labeling. You may think your getting 25grams protein per serving but may in fact be only getting 15 for instance.

Dschwan

WKR
Ive been happy with the Ghost cookie. Not cheap, mixes well with water. Has chunks of cookie in it so that might not sit will with some.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
PB2 has a peanut based protein mix now. Only has like 6 ingredients and tastes decent. Also has a couple grams of fiber and seems to make things happen pretty quickly after consuming.

PB2 Performance Peanut Protein Powder with Dutch Cocoa – [2 lb/32 oz Jar] – 20g of Vegan Plant Based Protein Powder, Non GMO, Gluten Free, Non Dairy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5H8K5D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KT10S4CA50T7AB3DQX1E