Which zebralight?

Wolfey

FNG
Neutral is my pick. I'd go with the frosted lense model though. It a good in between and will be brighter than the flood. http://www.zebralight.com/H32Fw-CR123-Floody-Headlamp-Neutral-White_p_154.html. You didn't mention what you'll be using it for though so it's hard to say what's best for your needs. I'm curious why you want cr123 also? 18650 is much brighter and rechargeable. Rechargeable cr123s don't even compare to the disposable cr123 but that gets expensive fast.

CiK01

WKR
I have the H52w and I kind of wish I went with the floody instead. I like to see more of the area around me when I am walking with it.

cool will be brighter usually but neutral shows natural color better. if you're going to be blood trailing i would definitely go neutral. cool led's don't show the color red as well.

as far as floody vs beam, i went floody as most of my work is close up and when i'm traveling in the dark it's typically in known areas and on trails. if i'm blood trailing an animal my focus is going to be on the ground around me and not trying to look off in the distance. if you're going to have to navigate in the dark in areas you aren't familiar with i might go with the spot beam though. say you walk into a clearing and need to find where a trail picks up on the other side. you're going to spot that quicker with a beam with some throw. i can probably see about 30 or 40 yards in an open area with my floody but if i wanted to spot something 100 yards away it would be useless.

OP
IanF.

IanF.

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for,your replies....leaning to neutral beam. The tikka I have now you can increase brightness and add beam, I've never felt the need to flood the area more.