While we wait…CO draw dreams

fishslap

WKR
I’m wondering if lower point 4th rifle became easier to draw because people didn’t like losing one of the five days to thanksgiving last year. In my area, I think guys mostly hunted the last three days. I was surprised I drew the tag again.

MO-ELK

FNG
My card got hit.

I'll be turning in my CO archery deer unit 76 tag if anyone wants it! Should be on the leftover list whenever that gets updated!
Had to do the same, different unit & rifle, but already surrendered mine up... Drew a NM Elk tag(way harder to come by as NR) after CO app was due that was same time as deer tag and couldn't swing both. Pretty cool CO lets you turn it in and get refund plus points back, not aware of another state that will do that without medical emergency. Originally thought you would even get a PP for this year but does not appear to be the case after re reading details.

Drew my archery tag, same unit I hunted two years ago and blew two stalks in that haunt me to this day. I still remember vividly the massive 4x4 (probably not buck-of-a-lifetime class, but close) standing up and pegging me at 74 yards.

Time for redemption.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Successful draw for Unit 25/26 mule deer plus got a bear tag for Sept. Hoping for an elk tag but who knows how that'll go.

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Had to do the same, different unit & rifle, but already surrendered mine up... Drew a NM Elk tag(way harder to come by as NR) after CO app was due that was same time as deer tag and couldn't swing both. Pretty cool CO lets you turn it in and get refund plus points back, not aware of another state that will do that without medical emergency. Originally thought you would even get a PP for this year but does not appear to be the case after re reading details
From what I understand you must pick points restoration or a refund. Unless I’m mistaken and you can get both

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
So I got hit for deer which I had a point going in to the draw. I bought a pp for elk and put in for 2nd choice. If I happen to draw elk I like having the option to surrender points on deer f I cant swing both. Oh and yes she did mentioned antelope would be next then elk. Make sure you have money in your account tomorrow lol ;)

There will be a lot of people using high points in the next 5 years which will make it difficult for the people who have zero to few points to draw tags. Reason? Wolf reintroduction. Cash in the points before all the good representatives are eaten by the "pretty dogs"

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
There will be a lot of people using high points in the next 5 years which will make it difficult for the people who have zero to few points to draw tags. Reason? Wolf reintroduction. Cash in the points before all the good representatives are eaten by the "pretty dogs"
Everyone I know, including myself that are using a good amount of points are doing so because of these late season dates. Those are going to have a huge impact on the mule deer, especially mature bucks. The CPW is the biggest predator when it comes to the decline of the deer herds in Colorado. Just when you think the CPW can’t screw up any worse, they yell “hold my beer and watch this”