Whitecloud Wilderness and Sawtooth Wilderness

Looking at leaving for a muley scouting trip in a few weeks. I'm curious how crowded these places are in the summer months, and if one had more advantages vs the other. I'll for sure be backpacking in. Any advice is appreciated but I know not to ask where all the deer are, i'll find that part out on my own with hard work. Thanks fellas

Semper fi,

Grady

Sawtooth should be pretty packed with tourists and granola types. Far less in deer season but you'd still want to avoid the most popular trails. A little less but kinda similar for the White Clouds. PM me if you want to discuss the area and where I'd expect to find deer. I've scouted it a little and hunt a nearby unit. Finding someone who hunts those units regularly would be better, obviously, if you find one.

eric1115

WKR
Agree, white clouds should have fewer people. Feel free to pm me with questions as well. Haven't done much hunting on that side of the pass, but spent my share of time in the hills up there.

JustCarr

FNG
A little off topic, but have any of you guys fished up there in the white clouds wilderness? My friend and I are planning on going to that area for a mule deer hunt this year and the non res tags come with a 3 day fishing license....

JustCarr

FNG
Looking at leaving for a muley scouting trip in a few weeks. I'm curious how crowded these places are in the summer months, and if one had more advantages vs the other. I'll for sure be backpacking in. Any advice is appreciated but I know not to ask where all the deer are, i'll find that part out on my own with hard work. Thanks fellas

Semper fi,

Grady
Which area did you end up going to and how crowded was it, if you don't mind me asking?