Whitetail trailcam picture

kpk

WKR
Friend of mine got this guy on his camera the other day. We see deer with antlers show up like this every few years, but I don't know if I've seen one with a body like this. Unfortunately, the bucks like this seem to be completely nocturnal, and they don't slip up.

deer.jpeg

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
We had one like that a few years back. An absolute tank of a 9 point we named 1 Eye Carl. I got 1 shot at him as a 5 year old, and missed, with a muzzleloader. Never saw him in the daylight again but kept getting pics. I think that old deer had our every move pegged.

Hi, I'm new to the forum . Was gonna take my great, great grandma whose blind and deaf on her last deer hunt. Just wondering what state, county , small town or maybe even GPS coordinates this deer was seen at ? I'm sure she would appreciate it. Oh by the way , what caliber rifle would you suggest she shot it with ? Thanks in advance for helping an old lady out. Pm''s are OK (lol)

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
He's a dandy. Looks like the bodies on the no fence farm field bucks my relatives get, way up north close to the Canadian border. They get seriously big bodies between rotating soy beans, alfalfa, and grass.

There's no deer left in Minnesota. Maybe 1-2 breeding pairs. Looking at putting them on the endangered species list . Lots of winterkill . Biologist guessing maybe 30- 40 years to get numbers up.

Scottyboy

WKR
Here's a northern minnesota buck from last rifle season...

Amish guy is Amos, really cool neighbor to have. He's close to my height and I'm 6'2"... His hat is another 6-8" off his head. This deer was an absolute horse.

View attachment 435131
I might hit your DM’s to see what zone you hunt (calm down everyone, that’s super generic in MN terms 🤷‍♂️). I hunt near Effie almost every year and never seen one like that! He might have had some moose genes in him 🤔

Scottyboy

WKR
I hunt about an hour and half drive due west of Effie.
Next time you are in the area beers (if you drink) are on me or some questionable bar pizza 👌👌😂

I think I know where you are at, my brother in law is from the area you hunt (I think) I’m sure everyone knows everyone as that area, let’s just say, in the TRF area is tight knit 👍

Guys use secret code for TRF "stealing - creek-F" lol. I'm a county or two over to the east . You betcha eh - some thick accents up that way

I might hit your DM’s to see what zone you hunt (calm down everyone, that’s super generic in MN terms 🤷‍♂️). I hunt near Effie almost every year and never seen one like that! He might have had some moose genes in him 🤔

Hard to be built like that on a grass and aspen diet when they're trying to evade wolves 365 days a year!

Noticed the two zones I hunt most got bumped up to two-deer zones this week. The one that hurts is 679 (formerly 179) going from a lottery unit needing to help the herd grow to all of a sudden two-deer unit to reduce the herd because of one CWD case in town in grand rapids :mad: Been a while trying to recover the deer up there and now all of a sudden there's little hope that the DNR will support regulations that do anything but cut the herd down for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Hard to be built like that on a grass and aspen diet when they're trying to evade wolves 365 days a year!

Noticed the two zones I hunt most got bumped up to two-deer zones this week. The one that hurts is 679 (formerly 179) going from a lottery unit needing to help the herd grow to all of a sudden two-deer unit to reduce the herd because of one CWD case in town in grand rapids :mad: Been a while trying to recover the deer up there and now all of a sudden there's little hope that the DNR will support regulations that do anything but cut the herd down for the foreseeable future.
That area is definitely not a 2 deer area . Reminds me of a few years ago when we could shoot "5" deer in northern MN . Then all off a sudden there is a lottery for 1 antlerless. It seems like they go to extremes in short times . Now let's bring out the sharp- shooters because of CWD and kill everything. I actually was looking at the new regs today as well

Scottyboy

WKR

MN DNR at its finest… 🙄