Who ate the most tags last year?

bsnedeker

WKR
Trigger Warning: I'm sure a lot of NR hunters are going to be upset about this....lol.

With wolf hunting season closed I'm officially through the 2021 hunting season so I grabbed all my unfilled tags....made me curious how many tags y'all are eating?

Here's what I didn't fill last season:

General Deer + LE Permit - 1
Wolf Tags - 3
Turkey Tags - 2
Mountain Lion - 1
Bear - 1
Deer B - 5
Elk B - 2

Total tags eaten: 15.

On the deer and elk side I chose to not hunt any B tags this year after I took my bull during archery season...for the record I picked up all of those tags during the leftover draw, or OTC. I did hunt my deer permit pretty hard but I was holding out for a toad since my freezer was basically full...saw tons of bucks but none that made me want to pull a trigger.

The turkey, wolf, lion, and bear tags, on the other hand, were left unfilled because I suck at hunting those things.

How did everyone else do?
ae6c47f4368cb7fc610ffca3a97de6a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR

General season deer
Archery spike/cow.

Effort and time were not high on the priority list this last year.

Had two chances at elk and got hosed by the wind and by a small tree.
Never saw a deer worth shooting.

Drenalin

WKR
I ate 11 whitetail tags this year. I started off the year being patient, was still passing deer the last day. Maybe next year...

Archery was good to me and I had a great early season rifle hunt with a buddy. Then, I spent the majority of the next few months trying to get my aging Labrador a few birds.

Unfilled tags all in, between me and my girlfriend:
3 turkey tags
3 whitetail tags in a low opportunity area
1 cow elk tag
1 bear

Turkey season was a disappointment. Most of my spots had been roasted and were devoid of life. We only gave the whitetails a couple of half days worth of effort. I buy the bear as an an insurance policy for an archery opportunity. My late cow elk tag is usually a pretty high success event but I didn't see a single elk in that week this year.

Tags are kinda tough to chew. But I had a Wyoming mule deer tag that did not get punched due to weather conditions during the hunt, If not for that sure I would of scored, hope to go back 2023 but its looking kinda iffy due to the 90/10 situation and point creep.

nobody

WKR
I ate 2, but they were the only 2 tags I had all season:

1. General Season Deer
2. General Multi-Season Any Bull Elk

Last edited:

ShakeDown

WKR
CO:
B list doe MD
B list cow Elk
B list doe Pronghorn
A list OTC Pronghorn
A list OTC ES elk
Turkey

NM:
January Archery MD

I didn’t kill anything last year, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. So I ate, 2 goat, 3 deer, 1 moose and 1 sheep tag. I spent a fair amount of time and money hunting, but at least the tags were free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
I didn’t kill anything last year, but it wasn’t for lack of trying. So I ate, 2 goat, 3 deer, 1 moose and 1 sheep tag. I spent a fair amount of time and money hunting, but at least the tags were free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you have to fly in for most of those hunts?