Who has a titanium action (magnum caliber?)

DuckDogDr

WKR
Getting ready to build two new ones just for the hell of it. I have a big bonus coming up and will have some left over funds after paying off a credit card.

I’ve read this and that on the pros and cons but my question is who actually has a titanium action under use / shot a bunch of rounds..and have you had any issues with the magnums.

Options are between lonepeak (leaning towards) and defiance anti-x

Building a 300 WM and a 270 WSM

I had a titanium magnum action and it was nothing but trouble.
Get the AnTix, ti stretches 3x more than steel.
I know some very reputable smiths who refuse to build on a ti action because they've measured the drawbacks

Ti isn't worth the money when there's so many quality lightweight actions available. I had a Lone Peak and it was trouble free as far as function, but due to stretch in the action it would show pressure in my handloads much earlier than anticipated.

I have been shooting a fierce rival CT and do feel like the action is not as smooth on the titanium.

Pierce Shadow is another option comparable in weight to an Anti. Having a 30 nos built on one right now. Considered going Ti but with some of the steel actions available the weight savings isn’t always significant.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have Ti (non-mag, 6.5CM) and liked it, but having built on an anTi afterwards, I don't plan to use Ti again.

I should be able to tell you in a couple of weeks. I’m waiting for a Pierce SkeleTi Mag bolt face but short action. I’m told to expect 16.5-17 oz total weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

z987k

WKR
I’m curious. How much weight does it save you over a standard steel action roughly.?
I'd say up to about 5oz for the lightest Ti vs the lightest Steel right now.

If the Ti action that you're looking at weighs more than 20oz, skip it and buy steel, since those can be 20oz to.