Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lock it. I only check in to see if something new and factual has been posted.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I paraphrased. Maybe not the best use of quotes, but reasonable I think. Are you saying that my interpretation of your comments is off base?

Rob,
Post #541 on page 28 has the main comments, the others reflect the same tone and response. Again, I paraphrased......

OK, those are NOT the words he said, but I can see how you're getting at what you posted.

But as I said in post above (616 full site), I still don't see anything new being added or anything we still need to discuss on this thread.

It's all out there now, Sitka can do what they want, each of us as individuals can do what we want. Is there another angle that needs covered?

Counting down to lock down unless someone can convince me there's something productive that still might occur here...

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
While I agree nothing new is being added, I don’t think anyone has really gone off the deep end like we’ve seen other threads do in the past. I vote keep it open and if people don’t like the thread they don’t have to post or read through it.

While some seem to take this thread personal or emotionally, I think most are just talking or stating what’s on their mind.

fair enough...

theres one for keep it open, one for lock it up.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree it's ran it's course. It is what it is now. I "MIGHT" have seen some cheap shots taken in here

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
No harm being done, and those that seem offended have already said they are to busy to keep up with the thread anyway. Keep it open.

I’d normally say to keep it open - it’s entertainment on a certain level, but if Les is being personally attacked - it’s probably not a bad idea to lock it.

There has to be a boundary of some sort and crossing that is either acceptable, or it’s not. Now may be the time to make that decision.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t mind if the thread is left open or closed. I don’t think anybody needs to be attacked individually or as a whole because they do support or do not support. Unfortunately most people will not know what happened, or understand why it is as it is. I just know I cannot babysit the thread, or people that want to assume or misinterpret what I am saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
If Sitka or folks officially representing Sitka don't have anything further to add to try and provide clarity to the general publics understanding of the situation then I'd vote close.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
72bacb0abe44e944220a69e385e60def.jpg

For those of you know me, you know how much I like to hunt, regardless of weapon. Yet this is what I’m doing right now. Setting up a Sitka booth at Safari club International in Reno. There will be more pro-gun people here than you can imagine. You might not like statement that was emailed to some of you, or that there was not a huge press release. However this is where they stand.

CorbLand

WKR
I vote to keep it open on the grounds that nothing has happened to warrant closing it. It has run its course, so I could see the merit for closing it.

Either way it’s up to the Mods but I don’t see a need to close it on the grounds of personal attack’s or anything of that.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I vote to keep it open on the grounds that nothing has happened to warrant closing it. It has run its course, so I could see the merit for closing it.

Either way it’s up to the Mods but I don’t see a need to close it on the grounds of personal attack’s or anything of that.

hey man, not closing it because of personal attacks, but asking if there is still potentially anything new to be added to this conversation?

CorbLand

WKR
hey man, not closing it because of personal attacks, but asking if there is still potentially anything new to be added to this conversation?

On those grounds, I think the only thing that will be added is the comic relief that has taken place in the last 2 pages.

Either way, this isnt a democracy. I would have thought this thread would have died its own death and just fell to the way side but here we are. HAHAHA
Ultimately, I think TDhanes sums up my belief on this. Those that want to keep posting can, those that dont can ignore it. I dont think this has gone off the deep end and its been a great, respectful discussion.

Last edited:

bsnedeker

WKR
I vote to close! This conversation has been pointless for quite a while and it continues to clog the feed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
The old horse still may have a few licks left in her yet. This thread is a pretty good glimpse of all the differing viewpoints hunters hold. I thought it was ridiculous at times but pretty interesting.
Open

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
On those grounds, I think the only thing that will be added is the comic relief that has taken place in the last 2 pages.

Either way, this isnt a democracy.

you're right, it's not BUT I stayed out of this thread for obvious reasons and then all of the sudden it was 600+ posts, and I'd lost track of the conversation. I didn't want to swoop in and lock it as I don't know all what has been posted, other than the first few and last few pages...so I asked you all

and on the comic relief part, that is fun but when it starts heading towards fights it's not worth it.

We're at 5.5 to close, 4.5 to keep open....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.