Who makes a lightweight, slightly insulated waterproof glove?

Looking for something suitable for moderate temps (40-70 degrees) during monsoon season. Camo unimportant. A shell could work over my merino gloves or without a liner as well. Nothing so thick I lose a great deal of tactile sensitivity.

TheCougar

WKR
OR sells a thin liner glove with a waterproof shell that tucks into a pocket on the back of the liner.

Or they just sell a thin water proof liner glove:

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I bought the Sealskinz (after a previous recommendation posted here) and they are waaaay to thick and bulky. I suspect the Versaliner is the same way. I need to be able to perform tasks like reloading a handgun and unzipping my pants to take a leak without removing the gloves. Thinking perhaps a Gortex glove suitable for sustained downpours in elk & moose country. Sitka Stormfront GTX gloves look too bulky too.

Sealskinz Sporting glove allows you to remove your thumb and index finger for shooting or tasks that require more dexterity. Warm and waterproof.

Attachments

• 1C9D03DC-AFE0-4069-B7C1-5A0F2679C223.jpeg
    1C9D03DC-AFE0-4069-B7C1-5A0F2679C223.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 51
Kuiu axis gloves are pretty dang good as a liner. Waterproof with brushed fleece, slim enough to fit under another glove. They’re my go to gloves for warmer weather then I layer on top as it gets colder.

I’m not a kuiu guy but some of their pieces are second to none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I was gifted a pair of these and wore them this year on a few hunts just to say I did, thought my other gloves were better...I was wrong.

Those kuiu axis gloves are great! Cut the wind, were dry in snow (never had rain this year), plenty of dexterity for zippers, buckling up the pack, ranging, etc. I own a lot of Sitka and they are similar to the Traverse glove, but warmer, cut the wind better, and waterproof.

Black nitril gloves, although you may sweat in them.
I have some kuiu peloton 130 gloves that I wear quite a bit while hunting, flexible, thin, and provide grip. Don't see them listed anymore though.

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. I was gifted a pair of these and wore them this year on a few hunts just to say I did, thought my other gloves were better...I was wrong.

Those kuiu axis gloves are great! Cut the wind, were dry in snow (never had rain this year), plenty of dexterity for zippers, buckling up the pack, ranging, etc. I own a lot of Sitka and they are similar to the Traverse glove, but warmer, cut the wind better, and waterproof.

I like my Traverse gloves as far a weight, dexterity and warmth (for the weight), BUT they don't shed moisture very well at all (and when they get damp they lose a lot of their warmth)- might have to give the Axis a go :)

Third the Kuiu Axis. Can unzip/zip easily, they are really warm for their thickness, and they work perfectly on a touch screen. They also do a good job of keeping water out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I just went to look up the pair of KUIU shell gloves I have and it appears they have been discontinued. Chucaghs maybe? It’s just a waterproof shell with a gasket at the wrist. No insulation. I’ve had them for 5 years or so and don’t use them often, but scouting during monsoon season is the time that they tend to get used the most. I also carry them on alpine Mtn bike rides.

I’ve got a pair of the Kuiu Axis gloves and I’m not crazy about them but maybe I’m expecting too much from them. The fit is loose and sloppy inside the palm and back of the hand. I find my First Lite Talus full fingered to be warmer. The touch screen feature does work well though and they also shed water like a duck’s back.

*zap*

WKR
I have a couple pair of these and they are pretty awesome. I am definitely partial to OR gloves in general. Their Alibi 2 are a great backcountry glove but those are not waterproof at all.