Who makes fast barrels?

kickemall

WKR
Are there any steel barrel makers that are known for making faster barrels than most other manufacturers?

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Pressure is driving the velocity. If your barrel is faster than book max velocity, regardless of powder charge, it’s very wise to acknowledge you are over pressure.

gman82001

WKR
Pressure is driving the velocity. If your barrel is faster than book max velocity, regardless of powder charge, it’s very wise to acknowledge you are over pressure.
Unless I’m reading it wrong I disagree, my 257 Weatherby vanguard is shooting the same load as my accumark and is faster with 2” less barrel length. Load is below max as per nosler and hogden. Just seems the vanguard has a fast barrel

Mag_7s

WKR
This doesn't directly answer your question but episode 48 on the Shoot2Hunt podcast with Mark of Ace barrels talks a little bit about what makes a fast barrel. With what you gather from that you might be able narrow your search.

Wrench

WKR
Regardless, fast vs slow is still pretty much irrelevant inside 2k yds in most cartridges.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Unless I’m reading it wrong I disagree, my 257 Weatherby vanguard is shooting the same load as my accumark and is faster with 2” less barrel length. Load is below max as per nosler and hogden. Just seems the vanguard has a fast barrel

They are simply operating at different pressures. Loading to “book max” powder charge doesn’t mean your rifle is going to be at max pressure, it just means the rifle tested was at max pressure (assuming you are looking at modern load data from pressure testing)