Who suffers from neuropathy?

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I have had it for several months now. Dr started me on 100mg of Gabaentin, that didn't help much, so he went up to 300mg. Max would be 800mg, That has helped a lot, but not total relief. I don't ever expect to total relief, and there is no cure for it. I was just wondering who else has it and what you do to help get some relief? Before I started on gabapentin, I some times had to sleep with pillow under my calfs to keep my heels of the bed to stop the stinging, since starting meds I no longer need to do that.

sorry man, my wife has had it for the last 4 years. It sucks and its hard for people to understand why you are in so much pain. I can ask her about all the meds she has taken. She got off most of them because of the side effects. Again it sucks and will change your life and your families. You will have good weeks and bad days.

She sleeps with a weighted blanket which seems to help a little. She went from running a marathon, climbing Mt Whitney to a shell of herself.

Not to sound all bad but it has been a rough ride for her

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
sorry man, my wife has had it for the last 4 years. It sucks and its hard for people to understand why you are in so much pain. I can ask her about all the meds she has taken. She got off most of them because of the side effects. Again it sucks and will change your life and your families. You will have good weeks and bad days.

She sleeps with a weighted blanket which seems to help a little. She went from running a marathon, climbing Mt Whitney to a shell of herself.

Not to sound all bad but it has been a rough ride for her
I fully understand. I hope she is doing better. Dr. told me about possible side effects, but so far, so good.

Marble

WKR
I currently have it. I first had it in 2014/2015 after some chemo. I never took the gabapentin because it made me too sleepy. My doctor prescribed IM injections of B6 which seemed to help the nerves heal and it mostly went away. Now my neuropathy is from removal of the thyroid from another case of cancer. About three weeks post surgery I developed it. About 7 months ago, I started taking gabapentin (300mg at night) and it has helped. Tingling, burning, numbness, feels hot and swollen and generally uncomfortable primarily when I lay down for bed. It's in my hands too but it's very mild and doesn't bother me. It does affect how my feet and hands regulate warmth. Now my hands/feet are always cold during hunting season. It sucks.

At night i will blow a fan directly across my feet if it's bad enough. Sometimes going out and putting my feet in the pool for 15 minutes helps. Not sure will ever go away or get better. Just one of those things you have to deal with after chemo.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
What are your symptoms?
Numbness, tingling in toes, kind of like what your hand may feel when you sleep on it and it starts to wake up. I'm not diabetic, so it's not that. Like I said gabapentin is helping. I have seen advertisements on TV which say "don't suffer from the pain of neuropathy any more, contact us at, fake meds. .com or call 800-BULLSHIT."

Ram94

WKR
I’ll preface this by saying that I wasn’t diagnosed with neuropathy but I have been type 1 diabetic for 22 years so I expect some degree of it to show up at some point.

I had some burning in my feet when kneeling down and got worried so I did some research on ALA (alpha lipoic acid). Started taking it daily and haven’t had the pain since.

There’s some decent research around it and no harm in trying.

I have it. Type 2 diabetic for many years now. I’m also on hard concrete floors every work day all day long. I don’t take anything besides advil pm at night when it’s really bad and then some ibuprofen or Alleve during the day when it’s unbearable.

I currently have it. I first had it in 2014/2015 after some chemo. I never took the gabapentin because it made me too sleepy. My doctor prescribed IM injections of B6 which seemed to help the nerves heal and it mostly went away. Now my neuropathy is from removal of the thyroid from another case of cancer. About three weeks post surgery I developed it. About 7 months ago, I started taking gabapentin (300mg at night) and it has helped. Tingling, burning, numbness, feels hot and swollen and generally uncomfortable primarily when I lay down for bed. It's in my hands too but it's very mild and doesn't bother me. It does affect how my feet and hands regulate warmth. Now my hands/feet are always cold during hunting season. It sucks.

At night i will blow a fan directly across my feet if it's bad enough. Sometimes going out and putting my feet in the pool for 15 minutes helps. Not sure will ever go away or get better. Just one of those things you have to deal with after chemo.

Same for me after chemotherapy
But better than the other outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
They are using Ketamine to treat chronic pain now. You can go to an outpatient place and get it through an IV. They also have a site called Mind Bloom. You get everything setup online. Get doctor clearance then they ship it to your house. They have someone do a video chat with you while you are under the influence of the drug. It sounds crazy but we looked into it for my wife. I don't know how it works exactly but I know they have had good results using Ketamine to treat phantom limb pain with amputees from several podcasts I've heard from veterans. I heard about Mind Bloom on the Shawn Ryan Show. If you use his promo code SRS you get $100 off. My wife was not a fit for their program. I will say they were extremely professional and very helpful. They were concerned for my wife's health and recommended a different treatment they could not provide. This made me think that they are not just in it for money and actually care about their patients.

Have you been tested for Lyme? The reason I ask is I developed neuropathy after a lyme diagnosis. I also contracted babesia as well from a tick I never seen or found, zero rashes. I was prescribed many antibiotics over a 2 year period and nothing worked. Finally as a last ditch effort I was prescribed disulfiram as an experimental drug. Within 2 days all my symptoms including the neuropathy went away. Truly a medical miracle in my eyes. I wish you the best of luck. I’ve been down that road and there hasn’t been anything comparable in my life. Again, best wishes

Last edited:
OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Have neuropathy in both legs post forced or be fired covid shot, been to multiple docs, x rays, Blood tests. They say there is nothing wrong. Going on 2 plus years of pain. Sucks. Let's go Brandon.
I don't think there is any test that shows why you have neuropathy. Dr. just listens to patients complaints, and make diagnosis based on that information. That's how it went for me. Gabapentin is somewhat working for me. maybe ask ur Dr. about it. What have you got to lose.

Sapcut

WKR
I have had it for several months now. Dr started me on 100mg of Gabaentin, that didn't help much, so he went up to 300mg. Max would be 800mg, That has helped a lot, but not total relief. I don't ever expect to total relief, and there is no cure for it. I was just wondering who else has it and what you do to help get some relief? Before I started on gabapentin, I some times had to sleep with pillow under my calfs to keep my heels of the bed to stop the stinging, since starting meds I no longer need to do that.
What is your typical diet? Did doctor tell you there is no cure?

Sapcut

WKR
I have it. Type 2 diabetic for many years now. I’m also on hard concrete floors every work day all day long. I don’t take anything besides advil pm at night when it’s really bad and then some ibuprofen or Alleve during the day when it’s unbearable.
Curious what your doctor has told you about why you have diabetes and how to get rid of it. ??

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
What is your typical diet? Did doctor tell you there is no cure?
Most of what we eat come from hunting or fishing. Other than that, Skinless white meat chicken, some pork, and very little store bought red meat. My Dr. did not tell me there is no cure, I know two other people who have it, and they were told there is non cure. Next time I talk to my Dr. I will make a point of asking.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
No, I have not, but I also have symptoms in my right hand which I believe is carpal tunnel, but I'm not certain about that. I have had carpal tunnel surgery before and the symptoms are the same, numbness and tingling in thumb, next two fingers and inside of third finger. Classic carpal tunnel symptoms. By the way, I go by GUNDOGLOVER on SCH.