Who’s hunting with a target stock/chassis

sacklunch

WKR
Have owned quite a few stocks/chassis and I’m having a tough time deciding on one for a 6mm build.

Majority use target rifle, but would like to get the 6mm on the woods as well.

A folder is nice, but not a requirement, the bravo would be great and I love the grip but the fitment issues with certain actions make it tough (I’d like to throw a lone peak on this barrel.

Of the fancy stuff, I’ve owned or currently own a EH-1, a PRS-1, MPA BA comp and a AIAX.

I’d like to give foundation a try, the MG2 fits my nice, but it’s darn heavy. also looking at the manners TCS, but I keep coming back to the bravo for comfort and ability to weight it up and also strip it down…but they’ve mentioned fitment issues with the bravo and the 737r.

As much as I hate to admit it, a chassis makes a ton of sense for hunting. And I'm very much a traditional stock kinda guy. Last season, I used a MDT HNT-26 folding chassis with Zermatt TL3 action and a 24-inch PROOF 6.5 PRC barrel exclusively. Competition shooting isn't my thing, so I'm not sure if it's a dual-use chassis, but the folding stock sure made carry easy.

If I were starting out fresh, I'd look long and hard at SIG's Cross and Q's The Fix. Both are excellent designs geared more towards precision hunting. Not that it's critical, but I prefer their one-piece receivers over separate action and chassis because it eliminates a failure point for screws to come loose.

• Banned
OP
S

sacklunch

WKR
anybody hunting with a foundation…maybe pulling the weights?