Who's Tried The Jetboil Stash?

matthewmt

WKR
This looks interesting, I'm just no sure other than weight what I would gain at least how I typically use the flash. Boil water for food (freeze dried) and while it's hydrating make a coffee while I wait and being able to use the flash as my cup.
Curious to hear others responses as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
I haven’t used it, or even seen one in person yet. If it’s as efficient/fast as the Flash - or close - I’m pretty interested even with the increase in weight over my BRS stove and Toaks pot. That price at Black Ovis is awfully tempting.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is what I use and its a superlight setup. very similar to what Jetboil is trying to do there.

Toaks titanium 750ml pot or you can use the 900ml

BRS 3000t Stove

Keiths Titanium Spork

Lighter

Snow Peak Hotlips

and 100 gram fuel bottle.

All of this fits together into the Toaks Mug put the lid on and throw it into own bag for a super lightweight setup.
How does this do in the wind?
I recently got on of the BRS 3000 stoves from Amazon and the wind seems to hamper it.
Do you utilize a windscreen or just improvise with rocks/logs?

The stash is supposed to be more efficient I think.
In what way? More boils per canister? Faster boiling times? I can go a week boiling water for coffee in the morning and dinner at night on a single canister with my setup. If the jetboil is 30 seconds faster who cares... not like I’m in a rush to eat. Typically I’m glassing both while drinking coffee in the morning and eating dinner at night.

rayporter

WKR
i use my PR a lot more, cooking for two. At 10,000 i will use up a small canister before we are done. a king size canister will last the whole time [ if the temps dont get too bad ]

i carry a doubled up piece of aluminum foil for a wind screen. PR types benefit greatly with a wind screen. if you want a more durable wind screen get a disposable aluminum turkey pan at wally world and cut it to the size you need.

addendum
for flatland overnighters i usually use fuel tabs. lots of wt savings there.

Split toe

WKR
In what way? More boils per canister? Faster boiling times? I can go a week boiling water for coffee in the morning and dinner at night on a single canister with my setup. If the jetboil is 30 seconds faster who cares... not like I’m in a rush to eat. Typically I’m glassing both while drinking coffee in the morning and eating dinner at night.
Faster and more boils per canister from what I read.