Why are small rifles primers available but no LR or LRM?

SDHNTR

WKR
I’m getting dangerously low on Fed 210 and 215M’s. For months, I keep getting the fake out BS clickbait emails from Brownholes, Precision Reloading, Natchez, Grafs, etc. about in-stock primers but all they ever have are small rifle. Conceptually, why are these available and larger ones aren’t?

wapitibob

WKR
fed 215's have been available off and on since Nov and 215M as recent as 3 days ago

you have no chance if you're using email notifications

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
fed 215's have been available off and on since Nov and 215M as recent as 3 days ago

you have no chance if you're using email notifications
Seriously? Who’s ring do I have to kiss? And I’m not talking GB $4-500 a brick prices!

I regularly search all the reputable online retailers I know of ever few days. Nada!

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I bought 2k from Brownells and 2k from outdoor limited within the last month
I thought I did too. Bought and paid and then got an email from Brownholes saying Sorry sucker and here’s a $25 gift code.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Thanks for all the help. Still trying to understand why small rifle and pistol primers are everywhere but not the large rifle and magnums. Are manufacturers just product if more of those, or is there less demand? And does anyone else think this is intentional?

TxLite

WKR
Thanks for all the help. Still trying to understand why small rifle and pistol primers are everywhere but not the large rifle and magnums. Are manufacturers just product if more of those, or is there less demand? And does anyone else think this is intentional?
My guess is they are seeing more demand for AR and pistol ammo/reloading components than bolt action rifles and AR10’s

Ucsdryder

WKR
I always assume it has to do with what the government isn’t buying? Maybe they’re sucking up the big boys?

Axlrod

WKR
The problem you are having is you are asking a question that no one on an open forum will have the answer to. You will get speculators and people that "know someone".
There was a guy on another forum 4 months ago that personally "knew" someone at Federal, that told him the Government had contracted for all primers. And that the civilian market would see none for 3 years.

bmart2622

WKR
There's thousands available right now if you know where to look and willing to spend more than you would have in the past

Reactions: EdP

EdP

WKR
Look at Ammoseek.com every day and place an order when what you want becomes available. Just suck it up and pay the Hazmat fee and inflated price and you will get what you need. It may not be Federal vs CCI but quality LR and LRM primers are available.