Why does WYO G&F...

JWP58

WKR
Make you wait until JUNE to know if you draw. First big game hunt of the season, last to be announced (don't know if its literally the last...but it feels that way).

Hope to draw, but Im not getting my hopes up! 57 or 47.

Anyone else killing time?

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Because it's impossible to tell you what you drew until they have the drawings and that's not until the middle to third week of June.

TEmbry

WKR
I've never understood this as well. Why Elk deadline was months ago and results already announced and Antelope which opens weeks prior hasn't even hit the application deadline and we are still MONTHS from knowing results?

Mark

WKR
At least you guys got to apply for tags already. NV hasn't even opened the application process yet. Should be able to apply in a week or two- and then wait until June for the results!

wapitibob

WKR
Like I said, herd counts.
The prelim elk quota is established in Dec, and the nr tags are based off that. After the bios submit their 2014 numbers new quotas are established in March, published, and the public meeting process begins. After the quotas are finalized, the antelope and resident draws are done. The timeframe is setup for the residents and to conform to the public meeting requirements.

amp713

WKR
Im putting in for deer and antelope there this year..... Hoping to get at least my second choice antelope permit. Anyone know anything about 112? Its really close to me has plenty of public land and I figure I can at least find a legal buck to stalk and thats all im really after right now! I agree it sucks to have 600+ tied up for that long though!

Amp, you shouldn't have a . I have driven through the area. Never hunted it though. Legal buck is a male goat. Just look for the black patch and other characteristics of a male.

Rackmastr

WKR
The waiting game has begun!!!!

Area 67.....fingers crossed!!!

First time down there for me if we draw, so we'll see how it goes!

amp713

WKR
Guess i should have said decent not legal ha i just want one with a half decent set of horns but if it gets to last minute ill drop a smaller buck... Just thinking wyoming shouldnt have a problem supplying some goats!