Why does WYO G&F...

amp713

WKR
Are there any units in the SW that are easy to draw on second choice? Thinking we picked a unit that will be harder to get.....

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Short answer is no. Units close to Utah and Colorado are some of the toughest to draw. 99 has limited public ground but still takes3 points

Topgun 30-06

Banned
What is this random draw? Wyoming goes only by the most points

Wyoming sets aside 25% of the NR licenses for deer, elk, and antelope in each unit for the random draw which does not use PPs. They then break that down into separate draws for 60% of the people who pay the regular price and 40% for those who pay the higher special fee. So in a nutshell there is a random draw, a special price random draw, a regular price PP draw, and a special price PP draw. The random draw with no PPs used is the last of the draws with the specials and regular PP draws done first.

So if a nonres puts in 1st choice for a type 1 buck tag and thane put in for 1st choice type 6 reduced price doe tag and doesn't draw the type 1 but draws the type 6 does he still get a point? Would points be used and reset if the doe tag is drawn?

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I like the early June modification date and June results. I can at least apply and then if I draw a different tag in a different state, I switch to the worst odds unit and if I don't have any tags at all, I can put down units that I can actually draw.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Personally I like the early June modification date and June results. I can at least apply and then if I draw a different tag in a different state, I switch to the worst odds unit and if I don't have any tags at all, I can put down units that I can actually draw.

That's the one good thing about that modify/withdraw date in early June that Wyoming has and many people don't know about. You can do like you said and also can change to an easier to draw unit if the final regs come out the end of April and you see that they have cut tag numbers such that you might not draw the unit you want. Many also don't know you can see the season dates and tag numbers in the final reg well before the June 3 date to do that.

wapitibob

WKR
Only 6 months till go time.
Almost forgot, I got 2014 numbers and every 2nd choice drew special gen. Got a new "girlfriend" too. The last one sent me a dear john note with the stats. She has a new job at the dept.

AZ Vince

WKR
I still think it's because WY generates interest on all the money collected.
I don't blame them and if they don't do that then shame on them.