Wife left freezer open, meat spoiled?

LuvDog

FNG
For the stuff that thawed.... cook it. Make some thing from it and then freeze it after it's cooked.

Going from frozen to thawed to frozen to thawed to cooked is asking for some time in the bathroom.

Finch

WKR
Happened to me this year too. I threw out two packs that were in the door (stuck a temp probe in the meat and didn't like what i saw). Anyway, we refroze everything and have been eating it ever since. Deer, turkey, bear. I have an alarm but the damn thing had been silenced for some reason. I also have a thing plugged into the outlet that will constantly beep if that circuit trips. While on vacation, I'll live stream the garage camera at least once a day to see if I hear the beeping noise indicating a breaker tripped for some reason. Last summer it had tripped and I called a buddy to reset it.

Warmsy

WKR
I've eaten some sketchy stuff ... And specials at restaurants like soups and stews can be "sketchy stuff", depending on the restauranteur. Like others above said, trust your nose. If there's a question, put it in the dog food bag.