Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I think we will still have hunting season happening this year. At worst, some states might cut off non resident hunters.

Osubuck

FNG
Before you say that you are going hunting out of state this spring or fall, ask yourself this question! Would I still go if my actions resulted in the death of someone? If you still answer yes I am going that should tell you that you have serious character flaws!! I want to go elk hunting this fall as badly as anyone but my consciousness will not allow me to put others at risk. American greed and selfishness is really our country’s worst quality. If we all use a little common sense we will get through this.😉

Before you say that you are going hunting out of state this spring or fall, ask yourself this question! Would I still go if my actions resulted in the death of someone? If you still answer yes I am going that should tell you that you have serious character flaws!! I want to go elk hunting this fall as badly as anyone but my consciousness will not allow me to put others at risk. American greed and selfishness is really our country’s worst quality. If we all use a little common sense we will get through this.😉

So its selfish to want to support the small business along the way that are already having a terrible time and will most likely never survive if it last that long. Especially if the hunter dont show.
Hunters are the biggest influx of money to alot of these places.
So get off your high horse.

Dr. Rx

Lil-Rokslider
Why do you guys think Idaho took the position of suspending Non Resident licenses?

Last year 20,000 + elk were killed in that state with a success rate of about 22%..
This means they sold 90,000 elk tags.. only 13,000 came from non residents..Seriously...

Why would Idaho take the position of suspending Non Resident Licenses?

Do you think they are going to suspend hunting?

Kris

Osubuck

FNG
Treedogs let me ask the same question in a different manner. If you unknowingly contracted the virus on the road trip you just had to go on then returned home to discover that you had the virus and passed in on to your loved ones. Then one or more of them died due to your selfish actions would you still feel the same?

SonnyDay

WKR
Yeah, I was surprised to see Colorado's ski resort closures. But you can't eat your skis... so hopefully they'll be more reasonable about hunting.

Treedogs let me ask the same question in a different manner. If you unknowingly contracted the virus on the road trip you just had to go on then returned home to discover that you had the virus and passed in on to your loved ones. Then one or more of them died due to your selfish actions would you still feel the same?

So what if I contract it while at the store buying meat and bring it home and my intire family dies?
Is that somehow a morally correct way?

fatlander

WKR
So what if I contract it while at the store buying meat and bring it home and my intire family dies?
Is that somehow a morally correct way?

Don’t worry about it. The government will sure provide proper sanitation and social distancing measures at the breadlines we’ll be standing in if our country is still locked down 5 months from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
Don’t worry about it. The government will sure provide proper sanitation and social distancing measures at the breadlines we’ll be standing in if our country is still locked down 5 months from now.

Well if that’s the case, then Trying to support the small businesses “along the way” is a moot point, don’t you think? If it’s all going down the drain, then some amount of elk hunters traveling around the country to “support small businesses” (yeah, right) ain’t going to do jack shit, so were right back at the, “if circumstances haven’t changes or are worse, then You should probably not travel out of state just to pursue a hobby.” But we won’t know until we know.

fatlander

WKR
Well if that’s the case, then Trying to support the small businesses “along the way” is a moot point, don’t you think? If it’s all going down the drain, then some amount of elk hunters traveling around the country to “support small businesses” (yeah, right) ain’t going to do jack shit, so were right back at the, “if circumstances haven’t changes or are worse, then You should probably not travel out of state just to pursue a hobby.” But we won’t know until we know.

If circumstances haven’t changed, we won’t have hobbies. I don’t see how that’s so hard for people to comprehend. If we’re still on a national lock down in 5 months from today, our unemployment will be so high that hunting seasons won’t matter. And worrying about getting someone sick while you’re trying to feed your family won’t matter either.

How much longer do you really think the government is going to be able to tell a man that can’t feed his family that he can’t go to work? Eventually all these free chickens have to come roost. The stimulus money is already spent. The rent has to be paid someday. The kids need schooling at some point. The car note is still due. That credit card bill didn’t go away. The electric, water and sewer is going to have to be paid again one day.

Paul B

Lil-Rokslider
I know I’m predicting a lot of tags returned by people who won’t be able to afford their hunts or have used up all their sick/vacation time dealing with the virus in one way or another..

Poser

WKR
If circumstances haven’t changed, we won’t have hobbies. I don’t see how that’s so hard for people to comprehend. If we’re still on a national lock down in 5 months from today, our unemployment will be so high that hunting seasons won’t matter. And worrying about getting someone sick while you’re trying to feed your family won’t matter either.

How much longer do you really think the government is going to be able to tell a man that can’t feed his family that he can’t go to work? Eventually all these free chickens have to come roost. The stimulus money is already spent. The rent has to be paid someday. The kids need schooling at some point. The car note is still due. That credit card bill didn’t go away. The electric, water and sewer is going to have to be paid again one day.

Anyone who is traveling across country to hunt is not “just trying to feed their family.” If that is the goal, I’m quite sure you can reasonably accomplish that task in your home state, in all 50 states of America, mostly likely within a 2 hour radius of home. Spending $1000 on a NR tag with a 20% success rate and driving across the country to get 250 lbs of meat is a hobby. If hunting seasons are shut down all together, we can revisit the conversation, but asking people to resist the urge to drive through 5 states to kill an elk During a pandemic is not the same as telling someone they can’t hunt to feed their family.

fatlander

WKR
Anyone who is traveling across country to hunt is not “just trying to feed their family.” If that is the goal, I’m quite sure you can reasonably accomplish that task in your home state, in all 50 states of America, mostly likely within a 2 hour radius of home. Spending $1000 on a NR tag with a 20% success rate and driving across the country to get 250 lbs of meat is a hobby. If hunting seasons are shut down all together, we can revisit the conversation, but asking people to resist the urge to drive through 5 states to kill an elk During a pandemic is not the same as telling someone they can’t hunt to feed their family.

You obviously just have made your mind up as to what it is you want to hear. I’m not saying a guy driving across the country to elk hunt is doing it to feed the family. I’m saying the people that depend on the industries that have been shut down by the government are eventually going to say enough.

We’re talking about two different things here.

You’re talking about going spring bear hunting tomorrow. I don’t think that should happen. I agree with your logic there. This thread isn’t about going turkey hunting next week. It’s about elk hunting in September.

5 months from now I don’t give a flying f*** about elk hunting if we’re still on lockdown. We won’t have hunting seasons for a very very long time if that’s the case. People will be fighting tooth and nail to survive. That’s the entire point. If they cancel elk season because of this we will have such bigger issues that no one will ask “man, you think I should go anyway?” Hunting will be so insignificant. People will be doing anything possible to feed their family. Whether that means hunting out of season right down the street or taking from those that have resources and can’t defend it.

blackdawg

WKR
I sure hope you didn't apply for any out of state tags

Pulled the plug on my two annual trips already, refund on Wyoming elk, had points for that and a dang good Colorado mule deer tag also. I will stay local and kill lots of “whitey” meat! Don’t think people aren’t watching and keeping score on the behavior of selfish individuals in the each community that are putting the greater good of Americans at risk. Does this situation suck, damn right it sucks donkey balls and Personally I want forget those Communist Chinamen hiding this shit to “save face” when I make purchases in the future, screwed me out of one of the limited trips my bones have in em. The greater good of the entire outdoor community in this time of unprecedented national crisis is to stay local, stay at home or isolated as much as possible and try to help this country recover asap. Lots of people are going to be hurting really bad in a few months. But hey some guys got to strut their stuff, Go ahead smear the outdoorsman through the mud in the eyes of the public, wanna be recognized like those punk ass spring breakers , just strut all over the country with them horns strapped to your roof, ya best hope ya ain’t the one that unknowingly gives this Batdung eaters virus to your friends while stroking your own ego!

Like how many people y’all make out with on an elk hunt? With a little creativity you could make it a zero impact hunt from an exposure standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.