Will there be an elk season with coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan just said they are going to enforce using primary residence only- cant go to your cabin up north. This is getting crazy. Lets just burn up the constitution and all of our rights.
Im headed up north Turkey hunting in 9 days no matter what the dictator here says- she's evil

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone understands that by "flattening the curve", the total number of cases is the same as if you just let it go, right? Make no mistake, the epidemiologists want 70%+ of people to actually get infected for herd immunity. There is an argument that this will allow for less deaths as we would not be overwhelmed by to many patients at once.

The flip side is that we have way overestimated the patient care and equipment necessary and that by extending the curve time, it is actually more likely that susceptible populations will be exposed. That argument seems more likely by the day, as NY has now said they don't need anywhere near the number of ventilators, etc., and the number of deaths has been revised down by over an order of magnitude.

Either way, it seems foolish at best, and tyrannical at worst, to imply that somehow being outside hunting, fishing and camping in rural America is going to wipe out the country and it needs to be stopped.

Jfasher

Lil-Rokslider
I put in for tags I wouldn't have enough points for in the past not crazy differences but a few points different. Then I put in for 0-1 point tags as second choice. I might end up with 0 tags but I'm sure I can find something leftover or just do OTC.

Sdieffen

FNG
I'm late to the party....previous posts make for interesting reading. I've got friends that had Covid-19. They said it was like a mild flu with a long lasting fever. No deaths that i know of personally . This pandemic is a PITA! I hope it shrinks to an acceptable endemic or extinct level to where the American public can go back to some normalcy.

I understand that everyone deals with stress differently. For those of you that are freaking about this and accusing some others of potentially killing people......take a deep breath! Odds of contracting are still 1 in 1000. And this doesn't mean you're going to die. I'm with Dos Perros on this.
The media loves the Fear they're reporting. It's good for business. SM allows rapid dissemination of fake facts.
While i won't disagree that this deadlier than the avg flu, the real issue is that it's a health system overload.

I spoke with a RN yesterday. People are calling their office nonstop reporting their symptoms. They probably have it. Depending on where you live you can get tested. The RN say their position is that there is no cure. They can't treat you, so stay away. If you have difficulty breathing you need to go to the ER. The rest of us will recover with time. Herd immunity will take care of it.

In the meantime, plan and prep for elk season. It's going to be here in 4 1/2 months. You'll be glad you did!

ncavi8tor

WKR
I'm late to the party....previous posts make for interesting reading. I've got friends that had Covid-19. They said it was like a mild flu with a long lasting fever. No deaths that i know of personally . This pandemic is a PITA! I hope it shrinks to an acceptable endemic or extinct level to where the American public can go back to some normalcy.

I understand that everyone deals with stress differently. For those of you that are freaking about this and accusing some others of potentially killing people......take a deep breath! Odds of contracting are still 1 in 1000. And this doesn't mean you're going to die. I'm with Dos Perros on this.
The media loves the Fear they're reporting. It's good for business. SM allows rapid dissemination of fake facts.
While i won't disagree that this deadlier than the avg flu, the real issue is that it's a health system overload.

I spoke with a RN yesterday. People are calling their office nonstop reporting their symptoms. They probably have it. Depending on where you live you can get tested. The RN say their position is that there is no cure. They can't treat you, so stay away. If you have difficulty breathing you need to go to the ER. The rest of us will recover with time. Herd immunity will take care of it.

In the meantime, plan and prep for elk season. It's going to be here in 4 1/2 months. You'll be glad you did!
Best post in this thread!! Thank you!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sdieffen said:

[/QUOTE]

I don't know what they are telling you in your state or city but here in small town NC they want us to call our Dr FIRST, and NOT go directly to the ER. They don't want virus victims and broken finger victims in the same waiting room. So call your regular DR First.

Fatcamp

WKR
If you are having problems breathing you should go to the ER. Communicate through the door or by phone, whatever they have in place, but don't mess around if you or a loved one can't breath.

They are, but the regulations around them have been relaxed to allow for some work arounds.

yep. Almost all other businesses are shut down. But the pot shops and liquor stores are open. So that makes a lot of sense. Lol. Stupid stuff

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
I am a financial numbers guy the last 25 years and can tell you that if you do the research, >80% of cases involve patients over 60 years with pre-existing serious health conditions. I am not diminishing the loss of life by any means, but there is a concerted effort by the PTB to make everyone afraid. CDC numbers of NYC, which is by far the worst in the US state these facts on the morbidity rates.

I find it ironic that liquor stores are considered essential even though everyone knows alcohol kills the immune system. The people making these decisions have no business leading the country.

Just my $.02 and lets get ready to go elk hunting.

luckydraw2014

Lil-Rokslider
Can we just all agree that Colorado big game seasons should be closed to non residents out of an abundance of caution. And all us residents can have the leftover tags, you know, to maintain proper herd populations. 2021 is your guys’ year!

I think the hunters who have never had a CO tag should get the keys to every LE GMU :LOL:

Seriously though, I think we will be good. The powers at be are already talking about how they plan to start opening up the country again. That won't immediately happen I'm sure but it does give me hope. I went online and saw where I got my Montana non-resident draw general Elk combo tag today so at least Montana isn't saying no to hunting just yet anyway.

Scoutman

FNG
Stop watching the news, turn tv off, throw phone in river. If this shutdown continues your gonna wish covid 19 got you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.