Win Free Glassing Mitts

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rokslide and SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear have teamed up once again to bring the Rokslide membership another exciting opportunity to win more SKRE Gear. Winners will be selected from the list of contributors on or about November 16th by the SKRE Extreme Mountain Gear staff.

1604709619298.png

There is nothing that will ruin a hunt quicker than cold hands and frozen fingers. The Bridger Glassing Mitt allows you to hunt harder and longer, thus increasing your odds of success in freezing temperatures. Crafted using High Loft Fleece lining, Primaloft insulation, genuine leather palms, and a waterproof face fabric combine to make this the perfect extreme weather mitt.

Rokslider's here is your opportunity to be one of the first to receive and review the SKRE Bridger Glassing Mitt.

Fabric Details​

• Primaloft
  • Goat Leather Palms
  • 20K waterproof breathable barrier
  • High-loft Fleece lining

Product Features​

• Wrist strap cinch
  • Adjustable forearm cinch
  • Wrist leash retainer
  • Upright dry hanging loop

Recommended Use​

• Mid to late season hunts
  • Late Season Tree Stand

Special Technology​

• DWR
  • Primaloft
  • W20K waterproof breathable barrier

Weight​

10.1 oz

Entering is simple -- Post a favorite late season hunting story or simply write up how you would use the Bridger Glassing Mitt on an upcoming late season hunt. Contest will run between now and November 16th.

***RULES***

To be eligible to win a participating member will have a minimum of 25 posts by the stated deadline of November 16th AND agree to post a first impressions of the Bridger Glassing Mitt in the SKRE Gear 2020 New product releases & member reviews thread. Failure to comply with or attempt to bypass any rules will result in swift disciplinary measures up to and including permanent banning from the community.

Check out some of the SKRE Extreme Gear giveaways at the links below
Link to the 1st giveaway --> Here winner of SKRE Lost Peak Jacket @stonewall
Link to the 2nd giveaway --> HERE winner of Kaibab 150 SS top @Ndbowhunter
Link to the 3rd giveaway --> HERE winner of Kaibab 150 LS top @Sal552
Link to the 4th giveaway --> HERE winner of Accelerator sock @timberland @jolemons @skyler_2010 @JPD350 @Northpark

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
When the snow flies and the barometric pressure drops, finding success in the bitter cold can be found inside and outside of the Bridger Glassing Mitt. Whether you are waiting out your target buck in negative temps, or glassing for elk on a windswept ridge, the Bridger has the warmth, comfort, and dexterity you are looking for in an extreme weather glove. Crafted with Primaloft insulation, a waterproof breathable barrier, goat leather palms and finally DWR for an added measure of moisture protection. The Bridger is the perfect solution for late-season exploits.
1604710107143.png

Last edited:

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I would use them when it is really cold so my hands don't end up looking like Mr. Deeds' feet.

Michael54

WKR
They would be perfect for last ditch efforts not to eat tag soup for late season muzzleloader here in PA. Nothing quite like trying to cock a flintlock without being able to feel your fingers. I can only imagine how the archery guys feel.

Wapiti1

WKR
Imagine, if you will, a young man, good looking, semi-college educated, in his third year at MT Tech pulling off I-15 onto the gravel road leading to the elk and deer woods. He wears jeans and inherited wool plaid. It's about 5am, and the mountains are blanketed in 20 inches of perfect powder. It's cold and crisp this fine day at around -15F. A perfect day to hunt elk in the high country of Montana.

Chains are applied to the truck at one point, and just as day is breaking the engine rumbles to a stop. Gear is gathered, a simple backpack is donned, and a rifle is slung over the shoulder.

Shortly after leaving the truck, our hunter spies a spike and cow enter the timber on a knob 1/2 mile or so away. Spikes are legal here, and the hunter has a general season bull tag. The chase is on. At a really slow pace, but the hunter's mind says chase. After a pretty good slog in knee deep snow, he cuts the tracks and sees that there are probably 8 or 10 elk in the group. They file through the timber on top of the knob searching for a place to nap the day away.

Only 20 minutes after cutting the tracks, the hunter spots a cow bedded in the fir trees. He shoulders his rifle, and scans for a bull through the scope. All of the elk that he can see are sans antler. So, he moves ever so carefully to the left to get a better angle. Still no antlers greet his eye. Eventually, one cow has had enough of this weird creature and they depart in a cloud of white powder.

For nearly two hours the hunter trails the elk. Never spotting them, but knowing that they aren't too far ahead. Eventually, they cross a deep ravine, and the hunter spots the last few scaling the far side at 200 yards distant. He instantly drops to a knee and shoulders the rifle. Cow. Cow. Spike. The hunter waits for the shot and hammers the elk when it materializes. One shot and the spike drops into the snow. Then, he kicks and kicks again.

At this point, the hunter has gone from elation to dread. One more kick and the spike starts to slide an endless slide. All the way to the bottom of the ravine. A bottom that seems like thousands of feet below. The hunter thinks, you rotten little SOB.

I've seen other animals tumble, but that spike elk created the most sinking feeling that I've ever had. He fell into a hole with no way out. I could drive within 1/2 mile of him but had no way to get him out that direction. It was too steep and with knee deep snow you couldn't even stand up. All you did was slide back down to the elk.

Out the bottom was the only option, and that meant a 3 mile pack down, or coming back up around the end of the outlet of the ravine. Still over a mile, and all uphill. I had violated my fathers teaching. Always hunt uphill. I skipped class and spent the next day packing it out.

I shot that damn spike on November 16th 1997, a Sunday. It was the first, and only spike that I've ever shot.

Jeremy

Randle

WKR
I have an elk tag that goes into December. These look like they would be perfect for A late smokepole elk hunt.

I would use these to help keep. My pregnant wifes hands warm on her late season doe hunt..
or to keep my hands warm during the cold and often extremely windy coyote season!

Last edited:

jolemons

WKR
I guide hunts between 6500 and 13000 feet . These mitts would be tested while glassing in the extreme cold of winter, probably with a Gortex shell over them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Catchfish

WKR
6 degrees at the boat launch to go duck hunting this week, these mitts would feel nice running the tiller. Should have some negative days in my future. Probably would be nice later this week for glassing on Kodiak.

Attachments

• 4B2B7212-1175-4959-8207-0A1E29DE22BA.jpeg
    4B2B7212-1175-4959-8207-0A1E29DE22BA.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I'd use them while glassing for late season whitetails in the WY November wind and cold. I get cold hands easily so I always like to pack a pair of mitts along with a pair of gloves. Often gloves aren't enough for me and a pair of mitts like this would be perfect.

Id use the mitts on a couple of late elk hunts I have coming up. I think they'd be the ticket when glassing and trying to judge critters in the late season, might even be able to get by without hand warmers.

kestump

Lil-Rokslider
I have a late season cow elk tag in Idaho that opens in mid-December and runs through the end of the month. Much snow on the ground and camping in 0 degree temps seem to be typical for this hunt. Typical approach involves glassing for hours to find the elk before attempting a stalk through the sagebrush and up into the mahogany to try and get a shot. These gloves look like they would be perfect for those hours of glassing in coooold temps. I’d like to give them a try anyway.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I’d use them in eastern Ontario for late season treestand sits. I’d like to use them for a late season western hunt, but I’ll have to hope the border closure ends before next year’s hunting season at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowbell

WKR
I was fortunate enough to draw a January rut mule deer tag in New Mexico. With this being an archery hunt, it is important that I keep my hands Warm and the blood flowing for that critical moment once i complete that stalk that I've waited all year for. From cold nights in the tent to glassing in wind and snow, to quietly making those final steps of the stalk, the SKRE Bridger Glassing Mitt would be a blessing to have on this hunt and many future ones. I have slowly collected gear as a hunter on a budge, and this is one piece of gear that I do not have - Probably because I know my huntress wife will steal them and I will have to buy two.

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Imagine, if you will, a young man, good looking, semi-college educated, in his third year at MT Tech pulling off I-15 onto the gravel road leading to the elk and deer woods. He wears jeans and inherited wool plaid. It's about 5am, and the mountains are blanketed in 20 inches of perfect powder. It's cold and crisp this fine day at around -15F. A perfect day to hunt elk in the high country of Montana.

Chains are applied to the truck at one point, and just as day is breaking the engine rumbles to a stop. Gear is gathered, a simple backpack is donned, and a rifle is slung over the shoulder.

Shortly after leaving the truck, our hunter spies a spike and cow enter the timber on a knob 1/2 mile or so away. Spikes are legal here, and the hunter has a general season bull tag. The chase is on. At a really slow pace, but the hunter's mind says chase. After a pretty good slog in knee deep snow, he cuts the tracks and sees that there are probably 8 or 10 elk in the group. They file through the timber on top of the knob searching for a place to nap the day away.

Only 20 minutes after cutting the tracks, the hunter spots a cow bedded in the fir trees. He shoulders his rifle, and scans for a bull through the scope. All of the elk that he can see are sans antler. So, he moves ever so carefully to the left to get a better angle. Still no antlers greet his eye. Eventually, one cow has had enough of this weird creature and they depart in a cloud of white powder.

For nearly two hours the hunter trails the elk. Never spotting them, but knowing that they aren't too far ahead. Eventually, they cross a deep ravine, and the hunter spots the last few scaling the far side at 200 yards distant. He instantly drops to a knee and shoulders the rifle. Cow. Cow. Spike. The hunter waits for the shot and hammers the elk when it materializes. One shot and the spike drops into the snow. Then, he kicks and kicks again.

At this point, the hunter has gone from elation to dread. One more kick and the spike starts to slide an endless slide. All the way to the bottom of the ravine. A bottom that seems like thousands of feet below. The hunter thinks, you rotten little SOB.

I've seen other animals tumble, but that spike elk created the most sinking feeling that I've ever had. He fell into a hole with no way out. I could drive within 1/2 mile of him but had no way to get him out that direction. It was too steep and with knee deep snow you couldn't even stand up. All you did was slide back down to the elk.

Out the bottom was the only option, and that meant a 3 mile pack down, or coming back up around the end of the outlet of the ravine. Still over a mile, and all uphill. I had violated my fathers teaching. Always hunt uphill. I skipped class and spent the next day packing it out.

I shot that damn spike on November 16th 1997, a Sunday. It was the first, and only spike that I've ever shot.

Jeremy

Brownie points? 😂

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Being the only lucky hunter I know with Raynaud’s, a good glove setup has been pretty much impossible for me. Would these help? Maybe? Would they make things worse? Of course not!
I don’t glass so they’d be used for layering between cold, colder, numbness, bricks and then eventually excruciating painful warmup. So many gloves.....🙄