Winchester Model 70 Ex.Weather Stainless?

Just purchased one in 7mm-08 and am, so far, happy. The barrel is marked 'extreme weather SS' and is cerakoted. I had assumed the SS meant the barrel was cerakoted stainless. When I removed the muzzle brake, I noticed the threads and barrel end appeared blued. The barrel also appears blue the short distance I can tell color down the bore. Was I mistaken in my assumption that the barrel is stainless, and if so, why would they blue the threads and barrel end only to cerakote the rest. On their webpage, Winchester just labels the barrel as 'steel.' Anybody know if the barrel is chrome moly or stainless? If it is not stainless, I find the SS marking on rifle very misleading.

I note that this rifle also has the Browning label on it. Do the new cerakoted Brownings have stainless barrels?

curt2291

FNG
I also have a cerakoted model 70 (Extreme weather Tungsten). It is stamped as an extreme weather ss... I do not believe that it is stainless but rather they used the same machines and stamps as on the ss models to make these shotshow specials. Other than that I think it is great

OP
I
I also have a cerakoted model 70 (Extreme weather Tungsten). It is stamped as an extreme weather ss... I do not believe that it is stainless but rather they used the same machines and stamps as on the ss models to make these shotshow specials. Other than that I think it is great
Yep, I emailed Winchester to confirm our assumption and they replied the barrels were misstamped and that this would be corrected on future runs. A little disappointed because it was the SS on the barrel that sealed the deal for my purchase.

Nonetheless, I have grown to really like the rifle and will definitely be keeping it!