Wisconsin -> North Carolina?

OP
K

KWT

FNG
Appreciate all the responses guys. Keep them coming.

The reason for the move is for a woman. Unfortunately her roots are planted firmly.

Warmsy

WKR
Doesn’t really sound like an opportunity for you. More like a last resort.
I'm mostly from Wisconsin. Spent about 2 years working in Virginia...I didn't really like the area and I never felt like I fit in. Don't know what it was... Just felt off. Was going to school, working, surfing, made 2 friends and never got laid once.

The reason for the move is for a woman. Unfortunately her roots are planted firmly.
get out of the city and besides the heat you can find some nice places. if your willing to travel 30-45 minutes for work you can get out in the country pretty good.

SWOHTR

WKR
I do not recommend the move, if that is the reason. I recognize I am only seeing barely the top layer.

As you’ve found, it’s hard to fit in. Do you fit in with her family? Have they made you one of theirs? If not…

Rich M

WKR
Woman...sounds like she won't leave her family or a job.

The first couple months of moving are tough. New places, new folks, different types of people. Takes some time.

And don't say "that's not how we did it up north" too much.

Nothing says you can't go up for deer camp every year.

And don't say "that's not how we did it up north" too much.
This! The road you took to get here goes both directions, you don't like like you can go back, don't piss and moan thats not they way did back home...cause this ain't up north.
Also get used to drinking your tea sweet...like the the spoon will stand on its own in a glass of southern sweet tea sweet. You can order unsweet but chances are it's the same unsweet tea from yesterday...cause nobody drinks it...

Went to a cook out over the weekend at buddies house, he invited his new neighbors, Yankee transplants...yes its hot and humid, yes there are fire ants, yes the skeeters will carry you off. It's called pulled pork from a butt...yes the BBQ sauce is vinegar based.
All got say is "bless their hearts".

Let me get a scoop of those boiled peanuts and a cold cheerwine!

This! The road you took to get here goes both directions, you don't like like you can go back, don't piss and moan thats not they way did back home...cause this ain't up north.
Also get used to drinking your tea sweet...like the the spoon will stand on its own in a glass of southern sweet tea sweet. You can order unsweet but chances are it's the same unsweet tea from yesterday...cause nobody drinks it...

Went to a cook out over the weekend at buddies house, he invited his new neighbors, Yankee transplants...yes its hot and humid, yes there are fire ants, yes the skeeters will carry you off. It's called pulled pork from a butt...yes the BBQ sauce is vinegar based.
All got say is "bless their hearts".

Let me get a scoop of those boiled peanuts and a cold cheerwine!
Hell I was born and raised here and cookouts sweet tea is to sweet for me

This is a terrible reason to move. Don’t do it.

I’ll edit to add, that I started dating my wife when I lived in Raleigh. I left Raleigh because I hated it and moved 3 hours away back to home. I told her she could come with or stay in Raleigh.

We’ve been married 15 years now.

Bluumoon

WKR
Bojangles is just as bad...I can't stand sweet tea so I just get water, cause the unsweet tea is usual at least a day old and foul.
Straight Blasphemy.

I grew up in Cary (Containment Area for Relocated Yankees), not my cup of tea even growing up. Good jobs, good schools, and you can be in cool places in a few hours. We went back "home to WV" for hunting and fishing.