Wiser precision vs Tricer GTP 3

cmw

FNG
I am trying to decide what to do for a tripod setup. I think I’m starting to become a ounce counting nazi haha so a product like this is really intriguing. Any experience or has anyone used either of these setups? I could also go the traditional tripod route. Just wanted to get your guys thoughts/opinions.

JakeSCH

WKR
I have the GTP-RS and the III. I love RS because you get the benefits of the javelin bipod with more stability and you can add trekking poles if you need more height. Looks like you would still need a separate bipod for prone shooting with the Quick-Stix.

On the other hand, I like that you don't have to put your handles in the dirt / snow / mud with the quick-stix and it seems like it would be about a 3oz savings over the GTP-III. Definitely seems worth a try. No experience with quick-stix material / durability. The GTP-III build quality is comparable to my outdoorsman pan head.

Honestly, outside of the weight savings, the best part of these systems is pack space savings. If I am doing overnight backpacking trips I take the GTP-III, but if I am doing day trips I take my slik-634 at the cost of 1 more lb of weight.

OP
C

cmw

FNG
Ya that makes good sense. I hadn’t thought of the handles getting in the mud/snow. Thanks for the insight!