Woodland Caribou

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
We will also be with MVO in 2022. I am considering switching from moose to a caribou hunt with them, and do moose in AK....Did you see a lot of good bou w MVO? I will have a rifle so if within 450 yards im confident
I did not see many caribou, two bulls one of which I killed.
I been told by several people that some areas population wise are flat and some are seeing a slight up tick. I cant say. Except that I did see more this trip then my last moose hunt there.
My best advise is to talk to Dean, he is candid and will advise you.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Came home yesterday morning to find this guy on my front deck.....stuck him in the kids play room till i make some room. My daughter wants "Sven" in her room.....i have her working on her mother
9EB62888-1111-4FAD-A584-5BAD066A444F.jpeg

Last edited:

22lr

WKR
Awesome story and great looking mount! I always see it as a good sign to get the kids wanting mounts in their room!

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
Great story. I hunted with Ivan the week after you. Great guy and great staff. I punched my moose tag early Monday morning. Not a huge bull, but a very tasty one! I am also going back in 2022. What dates do you have.im going in September

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Great story. I hunted with Ivan the week after you. Great guy and great staff. I punched my moose tag early Monday morning. Not a huge bull, but a very tasty one! I am also going back in 2022. What dates do you have.im going in September
Rich, glad you had a good hunt!
I am pretty sure we have the third week. Right around October 1st

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Sad to see what has happen to the caribou population there. I went for moose in 2005 and we saw multiple big caribou every single day. They were like squirrels popping up everywhere. Thought to myself, these things are too easy to hunt. They would just come walking right to us. I remember reading that their numbers dropped off quick and biologists couldn’t really figure out why. Hope those numbers start trending up.