Wool Flannels-Fjallraven?

Looking for everyday wool flannel or fall hunting "standard" flannel, but not cotton. I have no experience with Fjallraven, until listening to DV podcast this weekend. The Granit shirt looks like a great all around piece. But the wool content LISTED has some discrepancies in reviews.

Additionally, I've read some reviews that state many garments arrive with China tags inside....not what you'd expect paying a premium price tag for what you'd expect to be from Sweden.

Before "Vintage" was the in thing....I snagged a few Pendleton flannels off eBay. Usually already shrunk and way undersized. I'm in a bidding war on a few right now. Guessing some flat brimm'r somewhere wants them more than I do.

Any other suggestions for USA or non China wool flannels? Looked at Duckworth, but they only have them for infants and are way out on re-stock.

I rock Pendleton or Filson wool shirts, abuse the hell out of them and they keep going strong.

I keep a Filson wool shirt in my truck at all times just in case. Big enough but thing enough that I can wear it over or under a sweatshirt.

pyrotechnic

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my Pendleton shirts. I got them from Amazon a while ago. If you're not picky on the color pattern you can usually get a "decent" deal on them.

I had one that I wore a couple holes in over a few years of wearing at work (wearing a stupid kydex bat belt all day getting in and out of vehicles). The others that I wear whenever I'm home and it's cold enough to do so don't seem to have any wear on them. I would reccomend them.

Pendleton fan here. Filson second. I find the Pendleton softer.

I own a few fall raven pieces (No wool). They are $$$ and to be honest I don’t love them as much as I hoped I would.

Pendleton fan here. Filson second. I find the Pendleton softer.

I own a few fall raven pieces (No wool). They are $$$ and to be honest I don’t love them as much as I hoped I would.
I agree that the Pendelton are softer, I also think they're heavier and block the wind better.

I'm also 10x more worried about ripping my Pendelton's, whereas I abuse the hell out of the Filson.

I hunt mostly in this merino wool shirt from a mountain bike company called Kitsbow. It’s called their “icon” and they use Pendleton wool. Fits great- great range of motion, has a vented back, and still looks good after 3 years of constant use. I use the shirt for everything from fishing , hunting (including backpack hunts), mountain biking, skiing, camping, nights on the town, drinking coffee . I think I wore it to my last job interview. I own two now.

Attachments

• 4AB640EA-9CDF-4C1D-BB89-ABFC21519751.jpeg
    4AB640EA-9CDF-4C1D-BB89-ABFC21519751.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 110
  • D9604577-DD7C-468B-B095-D6230EA4B5F9.jpeg
    D9604577-DD7C-468B-B095-D6230EA4B5F9.jpeg
    506.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 77DF14DE-3DB9-447B-9B9E-C9CE210C24C7.jpeg
    77DF14DE-3DB9-447B-9B9E-C9CE210C24C7.jpeg
    461.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 4D24C1CB-D14B-4193-921C-BA8A76917991.jpeg
    4D24C1CB-D14B-4193-921C-BA8A76917991.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 598F05E9-64D3-4E8C-A0A4-A28AE59E214C.jpeg
    598F05E9-64D3-4E8C-A0A4-A28AE59E214C.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 109
Schnees has a couple of the Duckworth wool shirts in stock. Pretty pricey though. I’d love to try one if they were about 50% off.

I have Duckworth Snowcrest button downs -- they are HEAVY and RESTRICTIVE. Love them for going out to dinner in the fall, wouldn't ever wear them hunting.

I hunt mostly in this merino wool shirt from a mountain bike company called Kitsbow. It’s called their “icon” and they use Pendleton wool.

Looks interesting, do you have the relaxed fit or signature fit?

How are the sleeves when you reach for something, and can they easily roll/fold up? If I'm still hunting, there's a high % chance I'm wearing a wool shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

I’m 5’10 , 195 lbs. I wear a Large in kuiu, but in most brands I can be just as comfortable in a medium as a large. I’m usually a 32 size on my pants.

the signature fit is the one I buy and it is the best fitting shirt I own. The vented back allows for great articulation and the shirt never binds.

the sleeves roll up easy. I usually have them rolled up. This is actually a big selling point for myself as well.

the waterproof elbow patches sound gimmicky, but I actually found them handy when you are sitting on a dew snow covered hill side and like to kinda lean on your side from time to time.

I wear a size large in the signature fit.

OP
J
Fjallraven came in last night. Along with a "vintage" Pendleton from eBay. Not that it matters too much, but I'm 5'8" max on a great day. 225lbs. Still hit the weights several times per week and my chest tapes 49"+. The Fjallraven "fit guide" had me at 87% XL. It's a bit snug. For sure in arm circumference. Binds when arms up and extended. With a little fear of shrinkage...I think it's going back.

The material and wool are lofty and "puffy" for lack of better words to articulate. Seems more like the Columbia type of wool/poly blend? I may opt for an XXL and run the piss out of it.

The Pendleton....pearl snap. THAT shirt seems like the shit. Fit is a bit better, although I think someone shrunk it. My Draw Length is only 28" so my arms match my height...and the cuffs kinda creep up.

But the wool weave and material is much different. I think I prefer the Pendleton style/weave much more.

OP
J
I have Duckworth Snowcrest button downs -- they are HEAVY and RESTRICTIVE. Love them for going out to dinner in the fall, wouldn't ever wear them hunting.

Looks interesting, do you have the relaxed fit or signature fit?

How are the sleeves when you reach for something, and can they easily roll/fold up? If I'm still hunting, there's a high % chance I'm wearing a wool shirt with the sleeves rolled up.
Snowcrest is way closer to a Filson Mackinaw or Shirt Jac than a daily button down/Flannel Yes?