Wooltimate or First Lite Solitude

xk319

FNG
I've had wooltimate. I'm in MO too. Warm as I needed. But I disliked the pilling that happens so ditched them for Berber. Slightly obsessive? Maybe.

The best system I have found so far for mid to late season is starting with a decent wind blocking vest, I use the sitka Jetstream. Then for outer layers I use the Woodbury jacket and sanctuary bibs. With those two you can be super versatile. Either rock the bibs with a hoody on a 40 degree day, or wear your outer layer pants with a good layer under, and have the Woodbury coat on.

ckstites

FNG
Solitude is lights out. I put a heat pack in the front pouch of the bibs - the coat has openings that allow you to put both hands into that pouch - keeps core and hands warm..
I wear heavy wool base layers which gives you the wool warmth.

Reactions: crl

jacob95

FNG
I have had both. The Wooltimate is warm and quiet but I prefer the versatility of the Solitude. The Wooltimate is a good deal though.

I like the solitude set and the cut is nice for bowhunting but I've found that due to that cut, when layering more than one extra layer can make me feel tight just in the armpit area.

I have wooltimate bibs and the FL Solitude set. The wooltimate are good but attract everything in the woods to them. More than regular wool. I would suggest using Filson or others if you want wool. Wooltimate is good, but not near the quality of others. Solitude is a good mid weight treestand option. It isn't really comparable to wool in my opinion but is more comfortable.

People get bent out of shape about no windbreaker in the solitude. I love it for 20s-40's type weather stationary in a treestand. I want to love wool more, but it simply isn't as comfortable.
Do you have to layer pretty heavy under the solitude in the 20s?

Coldtrail

WKR
I have some older Wooltimate, and newer Wooltimate, the older stuff is different and I think better. I don't care for the new stuff for a variety of reasons & would sell it all tomorrow. 100% Wool is the way to go....but spend the money on good stuff. Filson, johnson, Bemidji, etc buy once cry once. I have lots of Filson Gear, the wool is the best I've had but I know there are other brands that are comparable.