Words I wish I could take back

Anyone willing to admit something stupid they said that is flat-out embarrassing you wish you could take back? I'll go first:

At a conference for work talking with a new customer I described something as a huge suppository of information. In a subsequent sentence I used the correct term "repository", but I can't help but wonder if that guy later told his friends about it and laughed heartily at my expense.

rclouse79

WKR
I prefer to tell stories at others expense. While doing a problem on the board, one of my favorite students refered to an object’s translational kinetic energy as its transgenital kinetic energy. When the class started laughing he turned beet red, but was a good sport. I referred to it as transgenital kinetic energy for the rest of the year just to make him feel better.

CorbLand

WKR
I prefer to tell stories at others expense. While doing a problem on the board, one of my favorite students refered to an object’s translational kinetic energy as its transgenital kinetic energy. When the class started laughing he turned beet red, but was a good sport. I referred to it as transgenital kinetic energy for the rest of the year just to make him feel better.
In high school we were reading a book and it said something about getting castrated and a kid piped up and said “I am so glad I got that done when I was a baby,” thinking of circumcised not castrated.

Kid was pretty lucky it was senior year and near the end of the year because I don’t think he would have lived that one down.

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Yep threw out the holy grail several days ago. Argument w the wife, first words out of my mouth were "your just like your mother" She got really quiet and asked me " what did you just say"? IT was at this moment I knew I messed up.....
Was she mad because you referred to her as her mother or because you used the wrong “you’re”? Lol…just having fun with you given the topic.

Jmort1754

WKR
Yep threw out the holy grail several days ago. Argument w the wife, first words out of my mouth were "your just like your mother" She got really quiet and asked me " what did you just say"? IT was at this moment I knew I messed up.....
Oh shit glad I'm not the the only one. I called mine her mom's name because she was acting like her. Still haven't lived that one down.

ShakeDown

WKR
When I was in high school, I was a lector at church. My friend (also high school age) was doing the second reading, from the Book of Gentiles. She was nervous and practicing.

Me: Just don’t say Book of Genitals

Katherine: I would never say that, why did you say that!

… fifteen minutes later in front of the whole congregation, “A reading from the Book of Genitals”

I actually still feel bad for putting that in her head.

Try getting that stuffed back in the can with one hand....

CRJR45

WKR
I worked in a GM warehouse , we all drove fork trucks . A guy had just lost a baby , it fell in the pool and drowned while he was sleeping on the couch . He had been off for a couple weeks and on his first day back I watched him get on a fork truck that I knew to be defective as I'm driving my truck towards him . He is pushing all the buttons and moving the levers , but it wasn't doing nothing .
As I passed him I said "Dead in the water huh" , meaning the truck . I couldn't believe that came out of my mouth , and the look on his face still haunts me , thirty years later .

TaperPin

WKR
I worked with an attractive gal for a few years, then found out she had a single twin sister, that I ended up dating - never, and I mean NEVER, tell a twin that you’ve been attracted to her before even meeting, because of her sister. Lol

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
I worked in a GM warehouse , we all drove fork trucks . A guy had just lost a baby , it fell in the pool and drowned while he was sleeping on the couch . He had been off for a couple weeks and on his first day back I watched him get on a fork truck that I knew to be defective as I'm driving my truck towards him . He is pushing all the buttons and moving the levers , but it wasn't doing nothing .
As I passed him I said "Dead in the water huh" , meaning the truck . I couldn't believe that came out of my mouth , and the look on his face still haunts me , thirty years later .
That one takes the prize, and a very normal observation and comment for equipment.

I keep getting reminded about the time we were on the beach one evening after consuming a bit and I commented about "the star that never moves", referring to Polaris.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
Just last week I was at rona (canadian version of home depot) and I see a guy with no arms jumping up and down with his butt on his tonneau cover trying to get it closed. Well, I asked him if he needed a hand and he quickly replies "brother I could use two" we both had a good chuckle and I helped him get it closed. I should have felt sheepish but he was a good sport.