Work Headlamp

treillw

WKR
Need a headlamp for work. Inspecting buildings - attics, basements, etc. Will be taking photos. Can be rechargeable or use normal batteries.

Priorities are weight and brightness. Decent battery life would be nice as well. Adjustable focus and variable brightness are probably necessary.

If it breaks I can get another - don't need surefire durability.

I have a LED Lenser that I like a lot for hunting. Also have a surefire one, that I enjoy using a little less, but it's probably more reliable.

Might be nice to attach to a hardhat, but not fully necessary.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

The Milwaukee rechargeable headlamps are nice. They are very bright, and bombproof. They come with hardhat clips. They make one with a removable battery as well so you can have a spare handy. I have a 1000ish lumen flashlight that uses the same battery cell, so they make a nice combo. Most of my crews are running these now, for commercial electrical work, they outperform everything else we have tried.

wapitibob

WKR

Quigly13

FNG
Milwaukee rechargeable is what I use too. The battery itself is rechargeable not just the headlamp as a unit.

Coming from the mining industry, I would suggest the current mine light. Comes with a hardhat clip, 12-14 hr charge, two intensity settings, very light and small. Recharges in an hour. Not sure who makes them. I just get them from the mine supply.

If anybody is interested I will get a picture for you.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Coming from the mining industry, I would suggest the current mine light. Comes with a hardhat clip, 12-14 hr charge, two intensity settings, very light and small. Recharges in an hour. Not sure who makes them. I just get them from the mine supply.

If anybody is interested I will get a picture for you.
I'm interested. What's the brand and model?

Thanks!

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
It might be worth noting that the company will be reimbursing me for it....

K98

FNG
I bought a $10 one from Homedepot, mine has the COB "big yellow bar" plus a small red LED, works well.
Try a few and see what style you like and features you want better, then spend $$$ as needed.

BLJ

WKR
For the guys using the Milwaukee's, how much run time are you getting per charge? At max output? Thanks.