Worried about my sheep hunt

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone else out there worried about actually going on their hunts? I have so much money into my outfitter fees, gear and everything else with my 2020 NWT Sheep hunt. I hope all the economic and virus fears are sorted by August. How about you?

joshgrigg

FNG
I think you are going to be ok by August. We are in full on shelter in place mandates where we live currently. Talking to friends fairly high up l in public health, they feel this is similar to colds and flu and has seasonality. With spring/summer approaching and people doing the social distancing thing, they were optimistic it would resolve this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was supposed to go to Azerbaijan in June, but I’m pretty much thinking that’s on the scrap heap now. But August in NWT has a much better chance

Was supposed to go to Azerbaijan in June, but I’m pretty much thinking that’s on the scrap heap now. But August in NWT has a much better chance
Where are you headed to in Azerbaijan I grew up there as a kid. They have some awesome mountains

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider
We are locking down in the NWT just like everywhere else and communities are barricading access points demanding outsiders stay home. It’s getting ugly.

On the positive side, I’ll probably prioritize a mountain hunt this year.

Hopefully things get better faster than expected - I would be sick if I had money down on an outfitted hunt or was sitting on a tough to draw tag. I hope that any of you guys in that situation are able to go on your hunt!

Unless Trump shuts down the entire USA for at least two weeks...and there is the >50% probability of that by this weekend...our hunts are not going to happen. I guess I could charter a plane to the Yukon and land on the Main Camp's landing strip...Yikes.
DWD

Kotaman

WKR
I’m too busy worrying/trying to figure out my May Brown Bear Hunt on Kodiak, to even think about my Yukon Sheep Hunt in August! If we aren’t hunting by August, we’ll have bigger things to worry about than hunting.

I’m too busy worrying/trying to figure out my May Brown Bear Hunt on Kodiak, to even think about my Yukon Sheep Hunt in August! If we aren’t hunting by August, we’ll have bigger things to worry about than hunting.

I hear ya man. I make my living by guiding, and right now I am pretty nervous I won't have a spring bear season.

wysongdog

WKR
The spring hunts are probably going to be iffy. If our fall hunts are jacked up from this bullshit. The entire country is going to be a really bad spot.