Worth upgrading?

looking for a upgrade.
I’m still shooting a Mathews Z7 which was a upgrade from my switch back which was a upgrade from my feather light.
I’m thinking it may be time but curious is it worth it. Each time ive updated I’ve always seen a huge difference In technology. I’m very happy with my Z7 and it’s killed a many critters but if the new bows have better benefits I’m willing to make the upgrade. I‘ve shot Mathews for roughly 20 years, but I’m open to other options. Thanks for any words of wisdom
Below is a picture of my biggest whitetail i shot with my Z7.

Attachments

• B2F6DDF4-1B42-4C0A-BAF7-F66D1F84A17B.jpeg
    B2F6DDF4-1B42-4C0A-BAF7-F66D1F84A17B.jpeg
    540.5 KB · Views: 56

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Heck of a buck.

A lot of guys think the switchback is better than the z7 actually (mainly the Switchback XT). I would say it’s worth it if you have the money to spend, but it really comes down to if you think it’s worth it. I don’t think you’d be upset if you upgraded to any of the new flagships bow. Just go try them out and you’ll be able to tell if you think it’s worth it or not.

OP
S
I agree on the switchback. I gave it to a needy friend when i had back surgery and had to go to a cross bow for a few years. When i got back solid I got the Z7. I like it but man i could shoot that switch back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I just switched from a Switchback XT to a new VXR. Other than the increased weight, every other aspect the VXR is truly superior. The draw cycle on the VXR is different. At first I thought it wasn’t as smooth a draw cycle, but after 300 shots or so, I now think it is just the different feel of the 2 cam bow.

BUT, these new bows are CRAZY expensive. Only you can tell if it’s worth it. I bet my VXR won’t kill them any deader than my XT does.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I would say if you upgrade keep the Z7. Lots of people still love that bow. I’ve been looking for one as a backup to my VXR and my chill and because of the single cam.

Probably isn't worth it, but since you mentioned surgery...

You could be shooting about 5# less from a new VXR with the same arrows to have the same speed/energy.