Wrangellgear pack, anyone use one?

jayjay

FNG
Hello. I was wondering. If anyone has used one of the Wrangell Gear packs on a Barney’s freighter frame. They have caught my interest and I wanted to see if anyone has any experience. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 15
I wouldn't touch a Wrangell pack until they start producing their own frames. Poor form in my opinion for them to co-opt Barneys frames and not give them proper credit nor compensation.

I wouldn't touch a Wrangell pack until they start producing their own frames. Poor form in my opinion for them to co-opt Barneys frames and not give them proper credit nor compensation.

So you have no experience and can’t answer the question.

Looks like they are giving credit to Barney’s frame. Which is nothing unique. No compensation should be paid. The bag can fit on multiple frames. Doesn’t look like any patents are being used.

“The WRANGELL Revelation 7800 external frame backpack bag is designed to fit on a "Freighter Frame" style external aluminum tubing backpack frame. This style of backpack frame was originally designed by Jack Abert who founded Camp Trails; an outdoor gear company that modernized camping equipment in the mid-1900s. Jack's frame design was so successful that the design (or variations of it) are replicated by many name brand gear manufacturers such as Alps, Kelty, Mystery Ranch (formerly Dana Designs), and others. From thousands of hours of use and overwhelming feedback from users, we believe that the best "Freighter Frame" and suspension system is produced by Frontier Gear of Alaska. This backpack frame and suspension combo is the #1 choice for Alaskan Big Game guides and hardcore hunters that need a comfortable and highly durable backpack frame for hauling extreme loads with relative comfort. “

I didn’t think they were doing anything wrong towards Barney’s. I was just curious. I have a Barney’s frame and was curious if anyone had used one before. I like some of the features such as it being more tall than wide and the removable top that turns into a daypack.

I can't see anything wrong in making an accessory for someone else's product - in this case, a pack bag for another company's frame. Happens all the time in every industry and seems like a great thing for consumers.

Back