Wrangler ATG, an affordable option!

Hot weather pant option that has plenty of stretch for mountain excursions. Wear gaiters if the underbrush is thick. Good option for day trips although I would probably not recommend for multiple day backcountry excursions. The pilling in the crotch is the only downside that I have experienced.

Bump79

WKR
They're great for the price for sure. Personally, I like the @blackovis pants more for a small add.

Last edited:

Loper

WKR
I have two pairs and think they are great. I’ve worn mine for as many as five days in a row in the backcountry. They also dry quickly so in the summer these are my fishing pants.

OP
L
I have two pairs and think they are great. I’ve worn mine for as many as five days in a row in the backcountry. They also dry quickly so in the summer these are my fishing pants.
Awesome! I would use them for fishing as well. Which ones do you have?

Loper

WKR
I don’t know exactly as I bought them several years ago. I will say though that the two pairs I have are similar, but they aren’t the same. One pair has a single zipper pocket and the other has two zipper cargo pockets. Also, the fit is a little different between each pair

They are pretty comfortable and If they didn’t have cargo pockets I’d probably wear them more than just for outdoor activities.

The one thing I don’t like about either pair is that anything I put in your back pocket will slip out easily when sitting down.

OP
L
I don’t know exactly as I bought them several years ago. I will say though that the two pairs I have are similar, but they aren’t the same. One pair has a single zipper pocket and the other has two zipper cargo pockets. Also, the fit is a little different between each pair

They are pretty comfortable and If they didn’t have cargo pockets I’d probably wear them more than just for outdoor activities.

The one thing I don’t like about either pair is that anything I put in your back pocket will slip out easily when sitting down.
Good info. Thank you

Darryle

WKR
Wranglers look like a $1 whore on nickel night after several wearings, pill all around the pockets, come unstitched, especially the crotch area.

Magellan look good and wear good, but if you are skinny with long legs, you look like you got hand me downs, the seat and waist are not proportional to each other.

The Duluth Trading look like you sent a 6yo to buy pants and he didn't know what he was doing. Waist is weird and oversized for the length and seat areas.

The best option for me is the original Zion or the new original Zion, the one in between, I am out on.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
My ATGs didn't last long. I put them through the test and wasn't impressed. Still have a couple pair for fishing.

Darryle

WKR
I bought 4 pair, I am down to 2, typical of all 4, 3rd pair is unraveling in the crotch

full-25419-418265-img_3700.jpeg

full-25419-418266-img_3701.jpeg

full-25419-418267-img_3702.jpeg

full-25419-418268-img_3703.jpeg

full-25419-418269-img_3704.jpeg

full-25419-418270-img_3705.jpeg

OP
L
I bought 4 pair, I am down to 2, typical of all 4, 3rd pair is unraveling in the crotch

full-25419-418265-img_3700.jpeg

full-25419-418266-img_3701.jpeg

full-25419-418267-img_3702.jpeg

full-25419-418268-img_3703.jpeg

full-25419-418269-img_3704.jpeg

full-25419-418270-img_3705.jpeg
Similar to what I'm experiencing. I use mine strictly in the woods and waters so I guess it is okay some but the crotch seems to weaken out easily. Thanks for your update!

Yep the fall apart, melt on exhausts, ect. But you can find them on sale for 15 bucks a pair...I buy a half dozen everytime I find them on sale and view them as disposable. For working in the garage, yard, working on camp, runnning the tractor, processing game ect, they are great. I highly recommend not welding in them.......

Sammymusi

WKR
I’ve worn these pants from archery hunting in pa wv and Ohio to backcountry hunts in Wyoming. And Montana . They are freaking awesome and super comfortable , they dry super quick as well! As for the pilling who cares they are hunting pants in my eyes I don’t think the animal is gonna judge me !! 20 bucks a pair are a lot better than 160 a pair for these high end names.. those would prob get destroyed as well if you are going to beat them up. My 2 cents

OP
L
I’ve worn these pants from archery hunting in pa wv and Ohio to backcountry hunts in Wyoming. And Montana . They are freaking awesome and super comfortable , they dry super quick as well! As for the pilling who cares they are hunting pants in my eyes I don’t think the animal is gonna judge me !! 20 bucks a pair are a lot better than 160 a pair for these high end names.. those would prob get destroyed as well if you are going to beat them up. My 2 cents
Some truth to that! They definitely have some pros and cons like most. Good statement!