Wrangler outdoor pants

Usi05

WKR
I have the Walmart ones and the ones that Target carries, I like the ATarget version a little better. They have an extra layer on the heel area and I like the pockets better. Also seem like the have a DWR coating on them.

I’m only familiar with the ones from Walmart. Is there more wranglers that are being sold at target and are different? Or is it different brand completely? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
On my Wally versions.

Sizing: They run fairly true, maybe a touch big. Especially with how much stretch they have in the waist. Pretty slim through the leg, not unbearably in my opinion, but definitely slimmer than even the average outdoor pant in my limited experience. Not gonna be a look that a lot of dudes are used to, though potentially beneficial in an outdoor pant.

Durability: Stitching is terrible. Zippers are below average functionally, but haven't fallen apart yet. Material is good. I only have OR Ferrosi and an old pair of Mountain Hardwear convertibles that my wife has to compare to, but the material doesn't disappoint when compared. A little different, but not significantly.

Fleece lined: Haven't really had a chance to put them to the test, but they still have some stretch, lack of a thigh pocket on the one side bums me out, fleece is not stitched to the shell other than at the seams (dunno if that's normal for fleeced pants), warmth is decent as far as I can tell.

Summary: Great for the price. I'm still in the market though. Not certain how I feel about the slim fit. I see the benefit of less material (weight and noise savings), and have gotten used to it, but not sold on the "look". I'd gladly pay $40-60 for a similar pant with better stitching durability (OR, Mountain Hardwear, or Prana perhaps?). If I go to something 100+, multiple features would need to stand above (DWR, brush panels, hip zips and/or camo, etc).

cwegga

FNG
I just wish Wrangler would make them for taller folks. I am only 6'3", but have a 36" inseam. Wrangler seems to think all inseams stop at 34".
Thay are losing a lot of sales as any pants made in 36" inseams from other makers are always sold out.
They do! I'm 6'3" with a 32" inseam. What we really need is some of these hunting clothing companies to start making tall shirts instead if crop tops. ;)

But on a more serious note, that is disappointing you can't get ones that fit. Have you checked their website and not just in stores? Do they have more sizes available there? I've bought both ways in the past.

manitou1

WKR
Yes, I check the websites a few times a year in hopes they will add a 36" inseam... to no avail. Bummer.
Thanks!

cnelk

WKR
I like mine - ordered mine from Wrangler.com - didnt want to buy the seconds from Wally World. Pay a bit more, but worth it

Usi05

WKR
I like mine - ordered mine from Wrangler.com - didnt want to buy the seconds from Wally World. Pay a bit more, but worth it

I am thinking target and wrangler sell the zero defect models and Walmart sells the stuff with slight defect. Next pair I buy will be from target to see how different quality is.

Have you bought from each and noticed a difference?

Just got a pair today at Laurel MT Walmart, first time I've seen them in stores and for $21.98. I have worn FL kanabs, kuhl revolvr and renegades, kuiu attack, axis, talus, and some others.

These things are nice, little loud right now but in sure they will break in. Fit great generous stretch and just feel good. Wish I'd have bought these a wile ago.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up my local Walmart had these marked on clearance for $13 a pair and they had the fleece ones marked for $7 a pair. Might be worth stopping in if ya got one close

Last edited:

rjb0021

FNG
I’ve picked up one pair but haven’t been able to find any more my size in any of my local stores. Great pants for the price.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
I bought 2 pairs from Target on closeout for $11 each. They also make shorts I'm the same material. The pants and shorts are no joke. They are now my favorite shorts. I wear them mt. biking and fishing. Get the covered in mud and blood, they clean right up. Definitely buying more. For hunting when it's hot they can't be beat. Archery season here can be 90-100 degrees.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Usi05

WKR
I checked my local Walmart and they also had them on clearance.

They had more colors of the outdoor pants (now in blue, black silver and gray) then before.

These are a steal at normal price! Even better when almost free!