Wyoming Antelope/Mule Deer- Unit Suggestion?

Joe5000

FNG
Trying to plan a DIY (or lower trespass fee) hunt in Wyoming. We have a group (3 people) with everyone have 1 deer and 1 antelope point. Intend to focus on antelope and also carry a mule deer tag. Anyone have suggestions of units to consider with our points? Looking for something with decent chance of running into antelope/mule deer on public with a tag we have a shot at getting with 1 point. Dont need to chase trophies. Would also consider units that are within up to 3 hours of each other.

Feel free to PM me if you do not want to post on here. Thank you in advance for any guidance or kindness.

Scottyboy

WKR
Check game and fish draw odds, gohunt.com, pick a unit(s) and hunt.

Search function works rather well on the site, start researching and you will find what you are looking for.

JWP58

WKR
I would suggest a region mule deer tag. All it takes is you going to the WY G&F website and looking at draw odds. My advice is to stay away from antelope areas east of buffalo (17, 23, etc). Access is extremely limited.

Last edited:

manitou1

WKR
I doubt you will get much more than "Check the WY game and fish website". Good units are getting more and more crowded each year. Most folks had to pay their dues by studying maps, Onx, making phone calls... and then learn by spending the cash and vacation to go out there.
Most all units hold antelope. Also, doe tags are cheap and does can be had pretty easy, so don't rule those out. Muley bucks while antelope hunting can be very tough. Muley does are a dime a dozen where I hunt.
Best of luck to you guys. Do a little research and go. Chances are you will have a great time.

OP
J

Joe5000

FNG
Ok appreciate all the responses. I understand the reluctance to share specific units but thought it was worth a try to see if someone didn't mind helping out a first timer! Thank you!

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
To the original party; apply to something with alot of public access that takes 1 or 2 points. Go, do not shoot the first antelope you see or it will be over in an hour, you will have a good time, reassess after that. Consider something near Forest Service land if you want to hunt deer or want to camp in timber. The state is awash in antelope. Its like trying to find a duck or goose in the northwest.