Wyoming Archery Elk Outfitter Recommendations

I’m starting to research outfitters for an archery elk hunt in 2026 and would love some first hand (or second hand) recommendations.

I’ll have 7 points in WY so easily can draw a general tag as well as some of the draw units. At this stage I’m not married to an area. Bears aren’t a dealbreaker but overcrowded areas are

I’m not necessarily looking for a 5 star experience, I’m frankly just concerned about the quality of the hunt and the opportunity to learn from the outfitter. I definitely can’t afford an outfitted hunt very frequently so I’m looking at this as an opportunity to learn as much as I can that I can apply to my DIY hunts to make them more successful. I’m not afraid of a difficult hunt (physically)

GasMask

FNG
I just rifle hunted the Thorofare with Horsetrack Outfitters. Never saw a soul once inside. Legit operation. Absolutely wild place! Would love to do an archery hunt with them.

GasMask

FNG
I got a pretty decent 6x6. 4 of the 6 guys in camp killed. Other 2 guys were on bulls everyday but just never had the opportunity to seal the deal (1 had a very close but iffy shot opportunity). The ride in & out is long but worth it. Place is wild & incredible.

Clrems77

WKR
I’ve hunted with Rough Country Outfitters and for the price I don’t think it can be beat. I got in with 4 points which they say is pretty common. Not huuuge bulls when I hunted but we did see a few nice 320ish.
Extremely comfortable and beautiful lodging, home cooked meals, great guides, lots of bulls and 5 out of six of us tagged out within 3 days. The 6th hunter was able to tag out but missed several shots. I believe where we hunted was all leased land minus a few very small spot so there was not a soul in site for 99% of the area.

I’ve also hunted with Extreme outfitters and they are super dedicated and hard core. Killed a very nice 320 day one and should have held out for bigger but needed to head home early. They’ve pulled some monsters out of the areas they hunt. Will take several more points but worth the wait!

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve hunted with Rough Country Outfitters and for the price I don’t think it can be beat. I got in with 4 points which they say is pretty common. Not huuuge bulls when I hunted but we did see a few nice 320ish.
Extremely comfortable and beautiful lodging, home cooked meals, great guides, lots of bulls and 5 out of six of us tagged out within 3 days. The 6th hunter was able to tag out but missed several shots. I believe where we hunted was all leased land minus a few very small spot so there was not a soul in site for 99% of the area.

I’ve also hunted with Extreme outfitters and they are super dedicated and hard core. Killed a very nice 320 day one and should have held out for bigger but needed to head home early. They’ve pulled some monsters out of the areas they hunt. Will take several more points but worth the wait!
What area did you hunt? I see they hunt alot of units?

csatt90

FNG
Are you looking for a horseback style hunt? I rifle hunted with Wilderness Trails Outfitters last September. You drive to camp, then hunt from horseback from there, and back to camp each night. Had a great experience in tough hunting conditions. They are worth a look depending what style of hunting you are looking to get into.

FNG
Talk to Ross Adney with Beavertrap Outfitters in Dayton, WY. He has an archey option that runs around 7 pts . It is a physically demanding hunt though. I guide it every year.

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Talk to Ross Adney with Beavertrap Outfitters in Dayton, WY. He has an archey option that runs around 7 pts . It is a physically demanding hunt though. I guide it every year.
Are they usually booked out for a couple years??