Wyoming Commissioners Tag!!!!

TheCougar

WKR
Holy crap. I just won the elk lotto. I won a Wyoming commissioners tag. I can’t believe this. I don’t know when or where I’m going to go, or how I’m going to play hooky from work. Let alone the logistics of getting this done from the east coast… But this is actually happening. I can’t believe it! This is AWESOME.

Laramie

WKR
Congrats! You are going to get a lot of opinions- none are wrong but you need to give a lot of thought to what you want out of the hunt. Going to do DIY or guided?

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Congrats! You are going to get a lot of opinions- none are wrong but you need to give a lot of thought to what you want out of the hunt. Going to do DIY or guided?
I’m going DIY for sure. I’ve got some buddies who are familiar with… check your PM.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
You quit your job and hunt that tag until you find and kill a giant. Hunters in the past have taken weeks to get it done DIY. Congrats getting one of the best tags in the country!

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I will absolutely take any PMs with advice on units and seasons to consider. I’d be interested to know what other folks would choose in my shoes. I’d love to hunt the tail end of the rut, and jump straight into rifle season on 1 October, but that may not be the best plan for a big bull.

Scoot

WKR
That's so awesome! Congrats once in many lifetimes deal! I would totally do what you said- archery into rifle season.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
What kind of hunt are you looking for?
I don’t know. I’m still processing it. I love to archery hunt, and it would be tough to pass that up. I’ve killed quite a few bulls, but none have been a trophy, so above all else, I want to try and get a 350 bull, because this is a rare chance to have that be a probability with some effort. I also have enough points for a trophy archery hunt in AZ in the next 2 years, so that will be my chance for a DIY P&Y bull. Unless something changes, I can’t afford a guided hunt. Although a thoroughfare elk hunt is on my bucket list.

I don’t know. I’m still processing it. I love to archery hunt, and it would be tough to pass that up. I’ve killed quite a few bulls, but none have been a trophy, so above all else, I want to try and get a 350 bull, because this is a rare chance to have that be a probability with some effort. I also have enough points for a trophy archery hunt in AZ in the next 2 years, so that will be my chance for a DIY P&Y bull. Unless something changes, I can’t afford a guided hunt. Although a thoroughfare elk hunt is on my bucket list.
You should have an opportunity at a 350 class or bigger with the tag. There some good bulls in the Desert up here.

Flyjunky

WKR
Congratulations, that’s awesome.

Please keep us up to date on your research and we Will expect a full day to day story!

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I’ll absolutely keep you guys updated and probably do a live hunt thread for it. I’m still incredulous. I guess I can’t say that I’m unlucky or I never win anything! This is going to be awesome!