Wyoming hunts

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
2024 is going to be my sons last year as a youth hunter. I am trying to put together a Wyoming hunt for him. He has 2 points for elk, deer and antelope. Any suggestions on what would be my best route to have a good hunt?

wytx

WKR
Anyone to party app with that has more PPs?
Cow tag maybe, reduced price or Type 4 in a better area ?

3 Regions for NRs General areas next year, odds might be weird til it shakes out. Also big price increase on Special Draw that might help if you go that route.

OP
L

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone to party app with that has more PPs?
Cow tag maybe, reduced price or Type 4 in a better area ?

3 Regions for NRs General areas next year, odds might be weird til it shakes out. Also big price increase on Special Draw that might help if you go that route.
No I have the same too. Just figured would see what’s out there since he can still get a jr tag

2024 is going to be my sons last year as a youth hunter. I am trying to put together a Wyoming hunt for him. He has 2 points for elk, deer and antelope. Any suggestions on what would be my best route to have a good hunt?
Are you worried about him having lots of opportunity and getting a quality animal? I was wondering if upu were looking for a DIY or would consider a guided hunt?

How experienced and aggressive is he? If he's super gung ho Elk seems to fit the bill, cow or bull won't matter. If he likes to hunt casually then Antelope can be a great hunt and a lot less involved so as to avoid burnout and have higher odds of getting shots.

pirogue

WKR
It doesn’t but you get a reduced price on tags
So, seems lame to have a term of “youth hunt”, when there is no special season, only a reduced price, while competing with the general population? Oh wait, this is WY, so WYOGA probably told the commission that youth didn’t deserve a special season.

Reactions: CMF
So, seems lame to have a term of “youth hunt”, when there is no special season, only a reduced price, while competing with the general population? Oh wait, this is WY, so WYOGA probably told the commission that youth didn’t deserve a special season.
I'd imagine they set aside youth tags as well, so they're giving the youth an opportunity without competing in the adult draws. No?