Wyoming Preference Points Question

So non residents are able to buy a preference point right now until Nov 2nd. I currently have 2 points for elk, If I buy a point right now, and then submit an application for 2021, will my application show that I have 3 preference points to use for my 2021 application? I used to be a resident in Wyoming but now that I'm a non-resident I'm confused as to exactly how this works

I thought that was the case but just wasn't sure because the points total isn't able to be viewed until June. Thanks for the info

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
FYI we didn’t draw 38 type 9 special with 9 points this year. Your gonna b waiting awhile

Horby

FNG
WOW! Well, I might not be upright by the time I earn enough preference points to draw that unit or 37/38. I'm 53 and I guess I should have planned this hunt a little sooner. Thanks for the info. Brady G.
Gotta start somewhere. I suggest still starting to accumulate points.

hbc07

FNG
Sorry for bumping an older thread... This was my first year hunting Wyoming elk. I applied for, and received, my first choice for a tag - 25-4. I just went to try and buy a point for next season, but elk is greyed out for me? Am I unable to purchase a point since I got my first choice tag this year? I'm just not certain why I can't purchase the point.

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry for bumping an older thread... This was my first year hunting Wyoming elk. I applied for, and received, my first choice for a tag - 25-4. I just went to try and buy a point for next season, but elk is greyed out for me? Am I unable to purchase a point since I got my first choice tag this year? I'm just not certain why I can't purchase the point.
you cannot buy a point the same year you draw

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hbc07

FNG
you cannot buy a point the same year you draw

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Well crap. I guess that's the price I pay for selecting a tag that was virtually a lock with 0 points as my first choice for my first year...

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
WOW! Well, I might not be upright by the time I earn enough preference points to draw that unit or 37/38. I'm 53 and I guess I should have planned this hunt a little sooner. Thanks for the info. Brady G.
Points on anything that is deemed better is probably going to creep, at your age and situation I would build a strategy that lets me hunt as often as possible and if you have a solid number of points somewhere burn them earlier to get the most of the hunt.

The10%

Lil-Rokslider
''And no.... there are NOT grizzlies in many of the general areas. Lots of hunters want to hunt the Bighorns because they are afraid of the west side."
I'm assuming you have hunted the westside lately? I ran into Grizz about every other day in several units a long ways from the park.

I'm assuming you have hunted the westside lately? I ran into Grizz about every other day in several units a long ways from the park.
That’s probably true. But my statement holds true. Lots of units on the west side with no grizzlies.