Wyoming slashed NR Western Wy tags?

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have decided to put my backcountry hunts for mule deer in WY on hold for a couple of years. Maybe they will have things figured out by then!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Jared, probably not a bad idea if you have other good deer opportunities. Our scouting service scouts W. Wyoming for hunters almost yearly and it's about as low as I've seen it in 20 years. There are a few big bucks that made it through the bad winters of 07/08 and 10/11 but very few.

Build them points and stay tuned.

D

david long

I would really encourage EVERYONE to stay out of Region H this year :) :) :)

I think Wyoming should go to an all draw system like Colorado. If they can regulate the amount of tags issued per unit then maybe they can bring the herds and bucks back. It worked in Colorado. The numbers speak for themselves, Colorado has far outproduced any other state regarding B&C bucks.I remember before the draw only deer hunting in Colorado was pretty poor. Everyone complained when it was fist implemented but it worked.

I hunted western Wyoming for the first time last year that is very cool and rugged country.I would hunt it every year if I could. I hope G and H have 5 easy winters and wet summers.

Gabe