Wyoming Spring Bear

Wags

WKR
I'm considering doing a spring bear hunt in Southern Wyoming next year. I've never done a dedicated bear hunt but I am definitely interested in going after one.

Have any of you hunted southern Wyoming for bears? If so do you have any advice? PM's are more than welcome. I don't want anyone to burn a spot.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've tried going in the snowies the last two years but the season has closed very early. Check the areas you're planning on going and see how long they are normally open for.

I've tried going in the snowies the last two years but the season has closed very early. Check the areas you're planning on going and see how long they are normally open for.

I’m in the same boat. And have a question. Why does the season close early ? Quotas are met ? Weather ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sow quotas being met. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing that a lot get shot from private because I tried to go check it out two years ago before it closed and there was so much snow up in the NF you couldn't access anything without a snowmobile.

Sow quotas being met. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing that a lot get shot from private because I tried to go check it out two years ago before it closed and there was so much snow up in the NF you couldn't access anything without a snowmobile.

Thank you. That clears it up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDowning

FNG
I'm considering doing a spring bear hunt in Southern Wyoming next year. I've never done a dedicated bear hunt but I am definitely interested in going after one.

Have any of you hunted southern Wyoming for bears? If so do you have any advice? PM's are more than welcome. I don't want anyone to burn a spot.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm looking at doing a hunt in Southern Wyoming spring of 2022 as well. Are you getting any traction?

BackCountryMulies

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you are using it as an excuse to familiarize yourself with the country for a deer or elk hunt Id look at Montana or Idaho. Sow quotas in Wy shut areas down unexpectedly and baiting makes it tough to spot and stalk bears.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
Unless you are using it as an excuse to familiarize yourself with the country for a deer or elk hunt Id look at Montana or Idaho. Sow quotas in Wy shut areas down unexpectedly and baiting makes it tough to spot and stalk bears.

I own property in the area I was going to hunt and thought I'd give it a go when I was back there in the spring.