X Bolt and Razor HD Gen2

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Finally pulled the trigger on my new rifle, Hells Canyon X Bolt Speed in 300 RUM. I already have a Vortex Razor Gen 2 3-18x50 to go on top......the mounting has proven more difficult than expected. Apparently after research I had to buy a specific base for the 300 rum action as it’s longer than the magnum action x bolt.....the problem is it’s 20 MOA which I’m not crazy about. So........

The question is.....to make it fit right getting my optic as close to the barrel as I can (my preference), does anyone have a similar set up to guide me on ring height? I’m thinking the vortex rings, but don’t know what height to get to achieve the above.

Open to suggestions as well....I want to do this one time hahaha

thx all!

sneaky

"DADDY"
You didn't want to put a set of the matching talley rings on it I'm guessing? Or the scope wouldn't mount up with a set of regular rings and you have to use a rail?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
J

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
You didn't want to put a set of the matching talley rings on it I'm guessing? Or the scope wouldn't mount up with a set of regular rings and you have to use a rail?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would have certainly considered that and was my first choice but I can’t find them in 34mm....do you know if they make them/know where to find them??

Chris86

FNG
I would have certainly considered that and was my first choice but I can’t find them in 34mm....do you know if they make them/know where to find them??
I have a spare set of the matching low 34mm rings. I had an ATACR mounted, but ditched it because of the bulk. I'd let em go pretty cheap if you're interested.