X-bolt mountain pro tungsten vs long range tungsten

Nike23

FNG
Hey all, I’m conflicted between the two of these guns, mostly because of the weight.
Pro- 6pounds 6oz
LR-7pounds 1oz

This will be for all around gun. So yes, it will be used for short hikes and long hikes. Is half a pound really THAT noticeable? Pros and cons on both? I’ll be loading my own 300PRC

KenLee

WKR
Hey all, I’m conflicted between the two of these guns, mostly because of the weight.
Pro- 6pounds 6oz
LR-7pounds 1oz

This will be for all around gun. So yes, it will be used for short hikes and long hikes. Is half a pound really THAT noticeable? Pros and cons on both? I’ll be loading my own 300PRC
Almost 3/4 of a pound. You'll notice it on long hikes.

LaHunter

WKR
Have you shot a 300 magnum cartridge much or ever? They tend to have a significant recoil. Light rifles in magnum cartridges kick the shit out of you without a brake or suppressor. They are more difficult to shoot accurately, especially in less than ideal positions.

KenLee

WKR
Have you shot a 300 magnum cartridge much or ever? They tend to have a significant recoil. Light rifles in magnum cartridges kick the shit out of you without a brake or suppressor. They are more difficult to shoot accurately, especially in less than ideal positions.
I have a 300wm x-bolt and 4 300wsm x-bolts.
They are pussycats. The factory recoil pad is really good. I hate brakes. I throw them in a drawer.

LaHunter

WKR
You have a much higher tolerance for recoil than me! My 7 mag is about 13 lbs, so it’s easy to shoot, but a little tougher to haul around

KenLee

WKR
You have a much higher tolerance for recoil than me! My 7 mag is about 13 lbs, so it’s easy to shoot, but a little tougher to haul around
Probably because I got handed a 12 gauge w 3 inch slugs and sent up a tree in Baker style climber at 8 yrs old and told "just don't miss".
Well, the worst was an old 11-48 Remington shooting 6 boxes of shells in 2 hours.
That thing was the devil. I was practically blind in my right eye and shooting right handed trying to aim mostly with my left eye.
I looked like I'd went 12 rounds with Joe Frazier.