Xpedite and arrow spines

success

WKR
I just got a used xpedite. New to me. Haven’t shot a bow this fast before.
Currently shoot an entry level pse stinger
27” dl
70#
I shoot 340gr 5mm fmj and ce mayhem hunter sds 350

I use archers advantage software and don’t think I could use the either arrow in different configurations. The fmj would need to be 300 spine and if I went ce mh sds I would still need the 350 but at 27” long AND that’s with the poundage down to 60#.

Is that reasonable to expect to drop my poundage to shoot the correct spined arrow?

I want to shoot a high foc small diameter arrow if anyone has some suggestions.

How long do you want your arrows? How high do you want your FOC? What do you want your total arrow weight to be?

If you're chasing FOC with small diameter, high GPI shafts, I can pretty much guarantee you won't be shooting any .350 spine arrows. You'll be into .300 spine shafts at least, and depending on how heavy you want to go upfront, possibly .250 shafts.

OP
S

success

WKR
I’ve been shooting 535gr ~14% fmj 28”. The ce arrows are 505gr 28.5” ~11%. DOnt want anything more than that. I’d like the arrows 27.5-28.5”.

I went down this same path the summer before last and ended up just getting all new arrows. It seems like everything in archery is a trade off. More weight up front means you’ll need a stiffer spine. Rather than being dead set on a certain FOC % or arrow weight I got the arrows I wanted which had the gpi to get me in the ballpark and then tested different field points until I found what worked well for me. For me it was cheaper and easier to test different weight field points than it was to try several different arrows. I ended up with 200 grains up front and a total arrow weight of 536gr.

OP
S

success

WKR
I went down this same path the summer before last and ended up just getting all new arrows. It seems like everything in archery is a trade off. More weight up front means you’ll need a stiffer spine. Rather than being dead set on a certain FOC % or arrow weight I got the arrows I wanted which had the gpi to get me in the ballpark and then tested different field points until I found what worked well for me. For me it was cheaper and easier to test different weight field points than it was to try several different arrows. I ended up with 200 grains up front and a total arrow weight of 536gr.

Thanks. I intend to get new arrows. Wanted to shoot something specific one but may have to try around.

Thanks. I intend to get new arrows. Wanted to shoot something specific one but may have to try around.
You could always go overspined out of the gate and then add more point weight until you get it where it needs to be. Something like that Black Eagle focus system might be fun to tinker with.

Zac

WKR
I believe the only reasonable system for high FOC is Valkyrie. I suppose if you wanted to save money you could go with the Victory VAP and use the standard outsert system instead of the Valkyrie system. Brent uses the Victory shafts due to their ability to handle massive weight loads up front. Brent found that for the average 70lb 28inch draw the VAP 340 with 200 grains up front works flawlessly. This allows you to run a very light shaft with good weight up front and a total package that doesn't go over 480-500 grains. As stated above Valkyrie is the only micro diameter system that isn't garbage. Day 6 also has a nice system but their shafts are very heavy, so it doesn't really fit into the high FOC category.